AIRXL.com???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ironwedge

I was just surfing aviation sites, and found AIRXL.com. They advertise a Piper Navajo course for $1650 (10 hours in the plane and 5 hours of ground school) taught by "the best in the business". $165/hr sounded like a good deal for a Navajo. (Too bad I can't qualify for that rate!)

I AM looking to do some profiency flying, as most of my flying these days involves lots of straight and level, and very few landings. $225/hr for that didn't seem as good as $165/hr!

OK, here is my question: Does anyone have any experience with AIRXL? Who are these guys? Are they flexible on pricing (i.e. 20 hour blocks)? And I guess the most important question...where are they based??? (the website doesn't say!).

Thanks for any feedback - wedge

That was 5 hr flight and 10 hr ground, Comes to $330.hr still not a bad rate but I wouldn't want to use it to build time!

Yep, your right. 5 hours flight & 10 hours ground. Still it seems like pretty good finishing school for new Comm./ME ratings, any thoughts?

I just got an email back, and they are based in the MIA area and will fly out of any of the local airports. Pretty darn impressive background too!

I'm thinking about doing some "proficiency" flying to Cayman.

-wedge

Latest resources

Back