• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word from HR and Ops is that they we are looking at bringing on somewhere in the neighborhood of 470 pilots for 2002.

Holy $HIT, that's some impressive growth, and given the fact that there will likely be zero attrition, they must feel confident in their a/c delivery schedule. I suspect they are staying on top of the USAirways cutbacks, and this will do nothing but help AirTran. A friend of mine who was cut from Airways this month mentioned to me that MGT has decided to go with a 310 airplane fleet, and no more than that. Now, I'd expect the code-shares/wholly owned to pick up some of that slack, but I'd imagine AirTran can compete somewhat with that.

Just one dude's opininon....

AirTran, Frontier, JetBlue, and SWA are the sharks in the water right now trying to divy up areas where AAL, DAL, and especially United and USAir have cut back.

I don't know who the long term winner or winners in this fight will be, but I have flown as a pax on both Air Tran and JetBlue, and the service on both was excellent. The days of $800 walk up fares are numbered when these carriers can offer a great product at a fair price.

Good luck to those who jump on these nationals/jet operators. I think you will have a bright future.

Albie

AirTran also announced new service between PHF-LGA and PHF-MCO yesterday.

Also, according to a press release, with the delivery of 4 aircraft from Boeing this month, the airtran fleet is now evenly split between 717's and Diesel 9's, 30 each.

One word of caution about the pilot employment page of the airtran web site, the benifits/pay quoted is not totally accurate.

Happy Holidays all.

-9Capt said:
AirTran also announced new service between PHF-LGA and PHF-MCO yesterday.

Also, according to a press release, with the delivery of 4 aircraft from Boeing this month, the airtran fleet is now evenly split between 717's and Diesel 9's, 30 each.

One word of caution about the pilot employment page of the airtran web site, the benifits/pay quoted is not totally accurate.

Happy Holidays all.

Uhhhhhh, on the pay......would you mind setting the record straight then?

thanks.:)

FO pay by year
1 - 35.50
2 - 51.10
3 - 57.94
topping out at 79.12 at 8 years

CA pay
2 - 93.07
3 - 101.65
4 - 112.17
topping out at 152.27 at 12 years

per diem is 1.75 starting Jan 2002

There is a B fund that will be at 10.5% at the end of the contract, 401k (no match) and stock options.

Hope this helps

Latest resources

Back