• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran pilots will own the SW upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're still wasting your time on subjects that don't/won't matter to you in 4 months?

I have plenty of friends of AirTran, so the issues do matter to me, even if they will never affect me personally.

Additionally, don't think the fact that you WANT to talk about the SLI when you want to do some SWA bashing and then you DON'T want to talk about it when you get called out on your BS.

I don't talk about the SLI at all, anymore. It's an exercise in futility, and even the cathartic value in bitching about it has waned. Let it go.

A lot of good things here at SWA including pay, hotels, and other stuff, but who the hell came up with this pos open time/trip trading system? Hot, dot, snot, elitt, it's all crap. What took 5 minutes on the simple and elegant FLICA takes hours on this system and is similar to a visit to Hades. Slightly less hellish if you're really senior, but still the worst system I've ever seen. Could you guys not get something better by now?

A lot of good things here at SWA including pay, hotels, and other stuff, but who the hell came up with this pos open time/trip trading system? Hot, dot, snot, elitt, it's all crap. What took 5 minutes on the simple and elegant FLICA takes hours on this system and is similar to a visit to Hades. Slightly less hellish if you're really senior, but still the worst system I've ever seen. Could you guys not get something better by now?

It gets better when you know how to use it. My unofficial survey shows me that many FATP don't completely understand the system, and not one OSWP junior to them cares if they do.

Can't blame the junior guys for that. :)

But I get the impression that this whole system is set up to favor senior guys and screw the rest.

Nindiri

BINGO!

A classic example of our NC/BOD getting schooled and in turn, schooling the membership. The OT system was supposed to be a "TEST" and then when we all decried how f*cked up it was implemented swapa came back with the xcuse that nothing could be changed because we were too far down the road. That and the fact that they used the strategy to pit pilot against pilot as the main reason it is broken. (FCFS) Couldn't be more wrong.

Scheds shoves all the flying in the later rounds, or splits and farms everything out to other bases so as to avoid paying POT at any cost. It all comes crashing down at the last minute and then if you live less than 20 minutes from base or are a friend of scheds and can get them to buy off on the SWMP then you're making bank.

STC was/is a big broohaha and since swapa can never seem to garner any cohesiveness the former NC head was going to toss the next admin under the bus re: the grievance. Not much choice really as he had to admit they effed it up and the grievance would have no merit. FF to when we were supposed to end the test period and swapa caved.

You'll find that swapa will always stick it to the membership first and foremost before they stand up to the company. And when it comes time to vote on a TA, it will be a hard sell with all the easter eggs and land mines hidden by some fluffy comm piece.

RM should have a field day.

Can't blame the junior guys for that. :)

But I get the impression that this whole system is set up to favor senior guys and screw the rest.

Couldn't be more wrong on that one.

The system favors the guy that hawks the computer/smartphone and can get to the airport within 2 hours or is a friend of scheds and can get away with the SWMP.

Additionally, ask around about what "your union" was doing for you regarding ELITT/DTC's and a little program called LINETUNER

:puke:

Stunning!

I have plenty of friends of AirTran, so the issues do matter to me, even if they will never affect me personally.

Maybe after the failed lawsuit against alpull goes away you can convince the same dudes to put together some slush fund money to hire you on as a full time consultant.

Maybe after the failed lawsuit against alpull goes away you can convince the same dudes to put together some slush fund money to hire you on as a full time consultant.

They couldn't afford me. :)

Is that you James?

Edited- Nothing achieved by fanning flames, only a bigger fire lol

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back