• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet People I Need Your Help ASAP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Phone interview went well. Just asked if willing to relocate, acceptable pay, etc... Interview next week. Wish me luck! My nose will be buried in books for the next few days.

Oh yeah I forgot, can anybody tell me where I can get a list of their bases. I looked on the website and I wasnt exactly sure what or where the bases were.

Thanks

jaybird said:
Oh yeah I forgot, can anybody tell me where I can get a list of their bases. I looked on the website and I wasnt exactly sure what or where the bases were.

Thanks

Prop Bases (26)
AGC PITTSBURGH, PA
BDL WINDSOR LOCKS, CT
BHM BIRMINGHAM, AL
BNA NASHVILLE, TN
BTV BURLINGTON, VT
BUF BUFFALO, NY
CMH COLUMBUS, OH
CPS SAINT LOUIS, MO
DAL DALLAS, TX
DTW DETROIT, MI
FSD SIOUX FALLS, SD
IND INDIANAPOLIS, IN
LUK CINCINNATI, OH
MDW CHICAGO, IL
MEM MEMPHIS, TN
MKE MILWAUKEE, WI
NEW NEW ORLEANS, LA
OMA OMAHA, NE
OPF OPA LOCKA, FL
ORL ORLANDO, FL
PHL PHILADELPHIA, PA
RIC RICHMOND, VA
SDF LOUISVILLE, KY
STP MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL, MN
TEB TETERBORO, NJ
TUL TULSA, OK

Jet Bases (22)
APA DENVER, CO
ATL ATLANTA, GA
BDL WINDSOR LOCKS, CT
BFI SEATTLE, WA
BHM BIRMINGHAM, AL
BOI BOISE, ID
BOS BOSTON, MA
BUR BURBANK, CA
BWI BALTIMORE, MD
CMH COLUMBUS, OH
DAL DALLAS, TX
FXE FT. LAUDERDALE, FL
HOU HOUSTON, TX
MDW CHICAGO, IL
MEM MEMPHIS, TN
MKC KANSAS CITY, MO
PHL PHILADELPHIA, PA
RNO RENO, NV
SAT SAN ANTONIO, TX
STP MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL, MN
TEB TETERBORO, NJ
TPA TAMPA, FL

Get to jets

This may not be a fare question now a days but, how long does it take to get into the jets from the twin pistons?

Thanks,
LR25

Well, right now we have no definate answer to your question about upgrade. We are having some movement, but not nearly as fast as before. I would say it should be around 13-18 months, but that is only a guess. Those of us close enough to taste the jets wish it was faster. Ok ok, tasting a jet is probably not too smart, who knows what kind of leftovers you will get.

To amend the list of our bases above:

BHM is closed as of today 1/1/2002 for the prop only.
MDW will be closing as a base when all of the current pilots upgrade. All of the planes currently based there will move to other locations around MDW, and as far as i know all flights will still operate to MDW, just not be based there.

Another heads up for everyone.

If you have any desire to fly a caravan, or have some time in one, send us a resume. It seems that most of our guys don't want to fly them because they are singles, we all want the multi time.

What are the caravan bases? Does flying the caravan still allow you to upgrade to the Lear?

I know that right now we have 3 Caravan bases that i know of. 1 is based in CMH, 1 will go to MEM and 1 will end up in NEW. I think the MEM and NEW van's start 2/2/02.

Upgrading to the lears from the van's is why a lot of our guys do not want to fly them. It is required that you have 500 multi time to upgrade to our lears, now if anyone can tell me how the heck you are supposed to get that multi time in the van's then please be my guest. Most of the guys who come to us want the multi time and they want to fly the lears, they don't come here to fly singles even if they are turbines.

So you can see this provides a problem. Unless you have the 500 multi then you will never make it to the lear. The only way around this i see is to fly the van for awhile and then move to the twin's for your 500 twin (or less) for your upgrade. I definately believe that this will be reviewed by our pilot board in the near future as to how to integrate our van drivers into the lear without requiring them to have the 500 multi, but it will definately cause a stir within the twin crews as to having to meet different requirements.

We can only wait and see, for now the vans are new to us, having flown them in our system for only a few months now.

The bases above for the vans will increase in the future because i believe we are slated for a total of something like 8 or 9 of them. I know we have taken over several delivery spots from other companies who after 9/11 saw no way to continue with the purchases.

That's what I was afraid of. No point flying the caravan if you can't upgrade to the Lear.

Couple more Airnet question, are most of the runs four days a week, or five days a week? Also, what bases are junior? How about STP or BDL?

More Van news, I just found out that we are basing 1 in STP and 1 in OMA beginning 1/28/02. That makes five new van's starting by the first of FEB.

Yeah, that is also the reason most guys will not fly them, the whole upgrade thing. Like i said however, i see some things changing in the near future to allow upgrade directly from the vans.

As far as junior bases go, the north east is the best shot for junior guys. Although there is a shot anywhere depending on what is available after you finish class. I have seen guys go straight to FL and to DAL right out fo class, so anything is possible. I really don't think we have such a thing as a junior or senior base like the airlines because all of our pilots are outbased and we don't all live in just a couple of locations. So your chances of going to BDL are just as even as going to STP or even going somewhere else.

Special thanks to starchkr and to all others that gave me any helpfull info. I guess that $25 was well worth it. I'm in a pool awiating a class date. To all those waiting for some good news, I'm proof that things are picking up will turn around, just keep your hopes up.:D

Latest resources

Back