• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Pay cuts driving away best pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Or the responsibility. You are selling yourself and skill set out. Do you really have that little self worth?

Self worth??? I am a proud ALPA member, hat wearing, airline pilot professional who takes his job and responsibilty serious. I just don't think we should be paid the moon and defintely not compared with management.

Look at the tools picture this quote fits him. He just happy he can fly. So what if daddy has to give him money

That picture is what describes me: "The love of flying and slipping the surly bonds of earth." I'm in it for the experience it brings me everytime I takeoff and look down at the ground below. Flying is my blood.

I would hope that no airline would hire someone that would pose that sort of liability. As an IRO is one thing, as a five leg a day domestic pilot is another.
You're dreaming...

Airlines hired 300 hour total time guys who paid THE AIRLINE for the PRIVILEGE of working in the right seat.

What makes you think the CEO's aren't DROOLING over the MPL...?

That picture is what describes me: "The love of flying and slipping the surly bonds of earth." I'm in it for the experience it brings me everytime I takeoff and look down at the ground below. Flying is my blood.

Great don't worry about feeding your family nad have a financail future. As long as you are having a good time while management is making money. You are a management types wet dream.

Airlines hired 300 hour total time guys who paid THE AIRLINE for the PRIVILEGE of working in the right seat.

Have any of these companies ever had a fatal accident as a result of this? I don't believe any have. I think it would be all over the media if someone with 300 hours in an airliner was part of crash with fatalities. Places like Gulfstream would most likely be shut down which would probably be a good thing with regard to safety.

Have any of these companies ever had a fatal accident as a result of this? I don't believe any have. I think it would be all over the media if someone with 300 hours in an airliner was part of crash with fatalities. Places like Gulfstream would most likely be shut down which would probably be a good thing with regard to safety.
Yes, they did.

Pinnacle Airlines Flight 3701. Both the Captain and the F/O were ex-Gulfstream, amusingly enough, now that you mention it.

The Captain had a lot of total time, but very little jet time at all, had been on property and in the CRJ less than a year.

The F/O was very low time, I flew with him the month before it happened. Nice guy, but obviously low-time.

It didn't garner national attention because it was a reposition flight empty after maintenance back to DTW, there were no passengers on board, no flight attendant either...

Sadly, the flying public doesn't care who flies the plane or what they get paid and they probably never will. A major event like this gets their attention for a couple of days but in the end they just want cheap tickets.

Until it's they're son, daughter, mother, father, husband, wife thats killed in a crash.

THEN they'll change they're opinion.

Latest resources

Back