Airbus getting a wee bit nervous?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bocefus

Sure begs the question; If they are so sure of their position, why not take it court?

Update 1: EU still seeks negotiated Airbus/Boeing settlement
[size=-1]Reuters News 07/15/05[/size]
(C) Reuters Limited 2005.
reuters.gif,DanaInfo=.anfyvgqow0I6pnMp3uz5zTx-9+

PARIS, July 15 (Reuters) - European Trade Commissioner Peter Mandelson said on Friday he still wanted the dispute over state subsidies for aerospace firms Airbus (EAD.PA: Quote, Profile, Research) and Boeing (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research) to be resolved through negotiation rather than legal action.

"I have always said we wish to negotiate it (a settlement), not litigate," he told reporters in Paris. "It shouldn't be weighing down the WTO (World Trade Organisation) in Geneva."

Washington and Brussels announced in late May they would reactivate a pair of tit-for-tat cases over government support for trans-Atlantic aircraft rivals Boeing and Airbus. The United States made the decision first saying new efforts to negotiate a settlement had failed.

Both sides said in June they remained open to a negotiated settlement but have given no timetable for resuming talks.

Mandelson said it was too early to say whether there would be negotiations with the United States over the dispute but added: "It should be properly resolved between governments and companies."

Mandelson said trade ministers from more than 30 rich and poor countries had made progress on global trade talks at their meeting in China earlier this week.

"Whether that means that we can have a key agreement by the end of July I'm not so sure," he added.

The WTO is going to screw Boeing. The rest of the world hates us. Just like the IOC (Euro run) dropped baseball & softball from the Olympics. Good thing they retained syncro swimming, ribbon twirling and those other BS "sports". It's a shame since we give more foreign aid away every year than the combined GDP of the EU. We should keep our mula and F the rest. See how they like that. Sorry for the rant.

Purpledog, I am from Europe originally immigrated to the US almost 16 years ago and Amen to your post...I am embarassed and shake my head often about European policies...especially from Germany and France...some lessons will never been learned...

JvW

None of us ever wish for a terrorist attack on any country, but I wonder how France would react if they were attacked like London was earlier this month or Heaven forbid, as the US was on 9/11?

Guitar Guy said:
None of us ever wish for a terrorist attack on any country, but I wonder how France would react if they were attacked like London was earlier this month or Heaven forbid, as the US was on 9/11?

judging by the way they handle unarmed treehuggers in a boat, i can only imagine it would be pretty bad.

they basically killed some greenpeace people that were in a boat to protest france's nuclear testing in the south pacific islands. they went all out and used commando style tactics to pull it off. i guess this was the only way france could win a fight. ;)

do a google search on the words "france", "greenpeace" and "rainbow warrior".

Guitar Guy said:

Although I am not a big fan of the French I will say that terrorism is something they don't mess around with. From what I understand France has one of the toughest anti-terrorism operations in Europe. They have to in order to keep ther rather large Muslim population in check.

They sank it while it was in port, doing nothing wrong. The French in this case were terrorists, and their special agents got off scott free for the most part.

Latest resources

Back