Airborne to furlough another 6

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Abex

Is there any progress with the contract talks at all? If not when would the option of striking occur?

There have been ZERO meetings between the parties since last spring, no progress at all! However, the NMB and only the NMB controls when a strike may happen and I do not believe we are even close to that point; no strike vote has even taken place within the union.

Yes, August 1st was the anniversary, but since many negotiations take two years or more, we still have a ways to go.

I was furloughed 3 Mar of 2000. I am currently playing in a sandbox till 1 Dec. Then I will be looking for a job. OH well. Gotta love it.
j

To ABXAViator

I use to fly for ABX and there have been multiple PFEs over the years who upgraded to FO in the 8 and 9(none in the 767 before I left).

Also before I left Paul Trimback a former PFE upgraded to captain in the DC9. Pretty impressive individual.

I speak very highly of the people i flew with at airborne.

In fact I just got a check from airborne for a grievance the union won for day/night perdiem. thanks guys.

just my 2cents

So far ABX has 42 on the street and I have no idea how many if anymore will join us.
j

Latest resources

Back