• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

air wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This rumor about the next class being pushed back till march.. Where is it coming from?

Finished RGS today and nothing was mentioned about this. The last thing from mgmt was a Feb class. I'd be interested to know a source, too.

I've heard of junior people interviewing and leaving recently for RAH, Skywest, even ASA!

What a difference a few years makes...who woulda thunk people would use Air Wisconsin as a stepping stone to get 121 experience and leave for another regional???

No offense to Skywest, but I think Air Whiskey would have been a better fit for the Midwest flying. Good luck to you guys in the future.

I only wish the skeds were better. Other than that, this isn't a bad place to be. i am finally on 2nd year pay, so things are looking up. The attrition is averaging 13 a month. The Jan class has been pushed back. I was told this by Mike (Ground school instructor) as well as Kevin LeWare on the discussion board. Many are looking to move on, but many aren't getting those jobs they've interviewed for. I heard of 8 CAs interviewing at Southwest and all getting turned down, same as UPS and a few got rejected by Jet Blue. People are still looking to leave, but it isn't going to happen overnight.
Let's say people made their choice to leave when we didn't get the Midwest flying two days for X-mas, it may take anywhere from 6-9 months to get out and get on with a FedEx, CAL, Spirit, etc etc
When you take a job, any job, there are good and bad that comes with it and I knew what I was going to deal with when I got here.
As for the bases, ORF is where you have the most who live in domicile. In the summer it can be a difficult coomute. DCA is also another base. A few live in the NoVa area. As for PHL, Philthydelphia, very few live in domicile and most commute.

Of those here complaining about AWAC, how many have worked at another regional to compare it to? To Those thinking of leaving, do you think you will come out ahead in any other way other than upgrade time by leaving? From the AWAC pilots I know, it seems hard to beat the contract and pay at the regional level.

Latest resources

Back