• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

air wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would not come to Air Wisconsin when others are having major hiring going on. This company's management has shown time and time again they are not interested in flying airplanes anymore. We have our 70 jets now but for how long?? We could not land any of the recent RFP's and only have a home for our RJ's thanks to all the employee's concessions which in the end we were all lied to and displaced. The owners of AWAC are smart people but they are into belt loaders not E170's. I have been here 3 years and I think wish I went somewhere else!

Just my 2cents. Whiskey is a ok place to be but I would go to SKYW, CHQ, or Coex.

Last edited:
As for those who are thinking about AWAC, words of advise like the previous post. I e-mailed and web-submitted my application along with another co-worker of mine mid october. We had the EXACT same hours in EVERY single category of flight (IFR, NIGHT, MULTI, etc). I was called three weeks later. To this day he hasn't gotten a call back. When I interviewed I was with some who were waiting 4 months, others 4 weeks after submitting. I have no idea HOW they decide WHO to pick, but like everyone has been saying. pay is good, QOL is almost second to none. but no growth. So... go with what you would like better, left seat sometime this decade or more money for the year

my 2 cents....

I would not come to Air Wisconsin when others are having major hiring going on. This company's management has shown time and time again they are not interested in flying airplanes anymore. We have our 70 jets now but for how long?? We could not land any of the recent RFP's and only have a home for our RJ's thanks to all the employee's concessions which in the end we were all lied to and displaced. The owners of AWAC are smart people but they are into belt loaders not E170's. I have been here 3 years and I think wish I went somewhere else!

Just my 2cents. Whiskey is a ok place to be but I would go to SKYW, CHQ, or Coex.

If you've been here 3 years then you've either upgraded or turned down an upgrade. What are your complaints?

If you've been here 3 years then you've either upgraded or turned down an upgrade. What are your complaints?

Would you like my slot?? Just cause you can hold CA does not make AWAC a better place to be at!

My complaints.

1. Schedules

2. Bases

3. Management-Liers

I do however like the people that I work with they are top notch crew members and have weathered the storm quite well.

If you are from the east coast I guess AWAC is a good place. I did not come to Air Wisconsin to commute. There is a reason that 75% of our group commutes it is a lack of interest in our two bases. ORF has its own crowd and I am glad to see that morale is better down there.

Perhaps that was supposed to be "on third year pay scale"???
On property maybe Two years and a few months???

I've been here 2.5 and enjoy being a senior FO...the likely hood of upgrading any time soon, who knows. It could be worse, I might be furloughed/laid-off for the 3rd time. But so far I have more good things to say about AWAC than negative.

Take it for what it's worth...(not much)

If you are from the east coast I guess AWAC is a good place. I did not come to Air Wisconsin to commute. There is a reason that 75% of our group commutes it is a lack of interest in our two bases. ORF has its own crowd and I am glad to see that morale is better down there.

This just in.... we have three bases. ORF, DCA, PHL. At any rate (now that I'm done being a smartass) I was hired at AWAC a few months back, and the company is good but like the previous posts have said NO MOVEMENT. People talk about a "mass exodus" but I don't see that happening. Friends at XJT/Republic have 150+ pilots under them before they are out of training, sit reserve for two months, hold a line, and are crediting 90 hrs+ a month. To this day, I get 75 hours.... fly about 30 hours a month.... and about $150/month in per diem. But... it is a good company, contract, QOL!!!!

Bottom line, there are other places that are hiring like crazy because they are growing. Come to AWAC if you want to be in ORF.... if not, other regionals have bases in DCA that are growing (one in particular hiring 1,000 pilots this year)... and well, PHL---I don't think people live there by choice :)

Good luck!

This just in.... we have three bases. ORF, DCA, PHL. At any rate (now that I'm done being a smartass) I was hired at AWAC a few months back, and the company is good but like the previous posts have said NO MOVEMENT. People talk about a "mass exodus" but I don't see that happening. Friends at XJT/Republic have 150+ pilots under them before they are out of training, sit reserve for two months, hold a line, and are crediting 90 hrs+ a month. To this day, I get 75 hours.... fly about 30 hours a month.... and about $150/month in per diem. But... it is a good company, contract, QOL!!!!

Bottom line, there are other places that are hiring like crazy because they are growing. Come to AWAC if you want to be in ORF.... if not, other regionals have bases in DCA that are growing (one in particular hiring 1,000 pilots this year)... and well, PHL---I don't think people live there by choice :)

Good luck!

I agree with CA Chris.. I do not believe there will be the mass exodus that everyone here has been talking about. A newhire class was planned in Jan and now rumors are floating around that it may be pushed till March. We are overstaffed and our RSV's CA and FO are not flying much.

We do have a good contract and hopefully in a few weeks it will be better. God knows our owners can afford it!

We had the EXACT same hours in EVERY single category of flight (IFR, NIGHT, MULTI, etc). I was called three weeks later. To this day he hasn't gotten a call back. When I interviewed I was with some who were waiting 4 months, others 4 weeks after submitting. I have no idea HOW they decide WHO to pick

By looking at your name, I have a pretty good idea why your resume was chosen over your friend's. Other than that, and it is just an idea, I believe they pick resumes based on qualifications. I applied with 1500 turbine/121 time and had someone walk in a resume for me, got called within a week.

Latest resources

Back