Air Wisconsin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crjdude

I realize AWAC has drained the pool. I am just wondering if anyone knew their plans for the future. Such as if the mins were going to be officially raised? Are they still getting rid of the 328's? When are they forecasting that they will be hiring again?

And from any AWAC pilots: What aircraft will you typically start in? what is the junior base? how much can you realistically plan to make the first year? the second year?
How do you like it there?
Any rumors of phasing out the 146?

Anyway just a few questions off the top of my head.

Sorry to all the guys who were drained from the pool. This industry can be very hard on people. Good luck.

Mins to be raised--no word, don't know.
328s to be phased out--we are reducing the number of 328s
Forecast hiring--sometime after I'm recalled...no idea.
Starting aicraft--depends what the company needs pilots for. Most likely CRJ in the forseeable future.
Junior base--don't know. We only have ATW, ORD, DEN. DEN has the most people.
First year pay--1st year jet pay is $23.50/hr. 2nd year jet pay $35.01/hr
Rumors on phasing out 146--We have already lost a few of them. United dictates what happens with all of our aircraft.

AWACoff got it pretty much on the money. However, when we most likely start hiring again the pay will be higher because of the regular increases from the contract (24.00 1st year CRj/146 FO, 36.24 2nd year CRj FO, 60.40 2nd year CRj CA, top pay at end of current contract is 135.65 for 19 year 146 CA). The number of 328s is to go to 10 (at least those are the ones that still have long term leases) and we dont know about the 146s but they could possible go down to 13. The CRjs are coming for sure unless something happens that we cant see coming or UAL succeeds in the scope deal. That a different can of worms. The most junior base is now Denver but was ORD until a month ago. Things change daily so it is hard to say. For now all the growth seems to be in the West coast operations but could change any time. Like AWACoff said United dictates where, when, and what we fly. The last realignment seems to indicate that we may need to call back at least a few of the 40 furloughed pilots. We are all hoping to have them all recalled by this fall and hiring the first of next year. Lets cross our fingers on that and it is for sure NOT set in stone. However, things are looking up! Really the only reason we are not growing now is because of the aircraft loses. The over all growth of the company will be stagnant untill the number of CRjs starts to climb faster than we get rid of 328s and 146s. That is most likely when we will hire again.

Thanks for the great info guys. Guess I'll just sit tight where I am and look forward to starting over again.

Any more tips or future info would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back