Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bpapaDC8

The buck stops here
Anyone have any interview info for Air Asia? Please post or PM me. I've already searched Pprune and had no luck. Thanks....

Air Asia hires mostly Malayasian nationals, Indonesian nationals and Thai nationals. In the past they hired some expats directly in to the left seat, however I don't know if they still do that. Lot's on low time guys in the right seat. I believe the pay is pretty low too. I believe they have a pilot hiring website on home page. best of luck

Thank you Hawker. Have an interview coming up and am looking for specific interview info. Anyone?

They generally have you do an interview, then if all goes well, a technical written test and a sim check.

Try PPRUNE to get the latest on Air Asia.

They do hire into the Left Seat with a A320 Type Rating. Then Bond you for a few years.
Pay I heard for Capt's is $7000. But cheaper cost of living.
It's a low cost carrier. Also heard no laptops to run performance numbers & very quick turns. Fly about 4 to 6 legs a day. You gotta fly in some really crappy weather & go to some short fields. (Which legally do suffice the figures but ideally can be quite scary)
Sim Check is Straight forward like anywhere else. But they expect you to know the Aircraft. Training is good & a good bunch of people.
Most importantly Chicas are Hot & like to Party!

I'll try to dig up some more info & post when I can!

Good Luck!

Fly Safe y'all!

Appreciate it vspeeds. Got general info from pprune, but nothing specific as to the interview, written test, and sim profile. Will keep checking back....

Latest resources

Back