AFOQT and ratings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

macatstarr

I have one more year left in college and was wondering what is a competitive score on the AFOQT for an active duty pilot slot. Also, i have my private license and that is it. I don't have the money to purse it any further, but if is significantly important to getting a pilot slot in the A/F then i will get a loan or something. I'm counting on my prior service as enlisted flight crew to help. If their is any advice for me in this aspect I would really appreciate it.

The higher the score...the better.

I took the AFOQT over 20 years ago and am certain some things have changed. There was (is?) an ARCO test guide for those taking the AFOQT. It was available at many bookstores. The one thing it didn't prepare me for was the absolutely lousy reproductions of aerial photos used when I took the test.

As a member of the armed forces, with a private pilot license, you are eligible for flight training benefits under the Montgomery/New GI Bill (Chpt. 106). I used it to earn my CFII and MEI in the mid-1990s. It does work. You have to pay the money up front, but you receive up to 60% of that back. Some military flying clubs are certified for this program. The two I know of are at WPAFB and Quantico MCAS.

Good luck...Fly safe!

Look at other thread

Dude,

You want to see competitive, check out the other AFOQT thread.

BTW, why do they call it thread?

Latest resources

Back