Advice on getting a Comair interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snine3departure

Does anyone have any advice on getting an interview at Comair??? I have had numerous company employee recommandations and sent in at least five resumes and had no response. If anyone has any advice let me know.
Thanks

Sorry, but with your total time i wouldnt wait around by the phone for at least another. sorry if this isnt good news.

I have a friend in Comair GS right now. He has talked with the recruiter several times about what it would take for some of his friends. He was told that without previous 121 time it would take "in excess of 3000TT" to be seriously looked at. Previous 121 time, with a recomendation of an employee, could get you an interview at the minimums. Basically with so many guys on furlough and them being one of the few currently hiring, they have a wealth of 121 experienced guys available to pick from.

I have recently interviewed with Comair....still waiting for my letter. I interviewed with 2800 TT, 1500 multi, and 1000 turbine. I was probably on the low side of average for the group I interviewed with. Most had 121 experience with the exception of a few 135 folks and a couple from the military. I was amazed at how the demographic's have changed from the first time I interviewed with a 121 carrier two years ago!

To Amerieagle,
Are you thinking of switching from American Eagle to Comair? I havn't heard of anyone doing that before. Would you be offended if I asked you why?

I interviewed in Feb. and just got the acceptance letter yesterday!! I'm pretty much on cloud 9 right now.
I have 1250 and 400MEL... Not much more than their mins. But the recruiter did tell me that the part 121 time was what got me an interview. I didn't have any recommendations and was actually suprised to hear from them concerning an interview..Others in the group were either cargo guys over 2000hrs or other 121 guys (eagle, chautuaqua, CCAir and myself from Commutair.) the rest (there was 20 of us) were considerably older and probably had 3000+ hrs. no idea how the others did?
Good luck

Listen to this one!!!!!!!!!!!
I had an interview date last year in May, but it got canceled by ComAir because of the strike .
After the strike I called the recruiter again, .....Yes we will interview again ,just fax us a new CV.
Then.......Sept. 11.
After a while I called the recruiter again, .....Yes we will interview again ,just fax us a new CV.
Nothing.......
After a while I called the recruiter again, .....Yes we are interviewing again ,just fax us a new CV.
With 5000+TT,2000 jet PIC and 135 ,EFIS and international ops,
it should be good enough.
In the mean time I interviewed with others and got offers, but Comair would be nicer.

Skydivedriver,

Should I read sarcastic tone into your inquiry? Actually the mass exodus at Eagle has been ongoing. In fact in my group of 15 there were three fellow Eagle pilots also interviewing. It is my impression that most interview dates have seen at least several Eagle pilots interviewing. I can name several that are already in class at Comair!

It is a very uncertain time at Eagle right now. ASM restrictions and talks of 200 more furloughs or possibly selling part of our operation. The worst part is our management cannot tell us from one day to the next what the plans are for our future with any certainty! In fact in February we were sent an email announcing callbacks and in the very same letter announced ASM restrictions would be imposed in spring and cause the need for the above mentioned furloughs. If the furloughs do happen I will be on the street almost 2 years into my tenure! I realize it is always risky to start over at another carrier, especially during these times but right now I feel the bigger risk is staying put!

The folks at Comair have made a very positive impression on me. That is to say both the pilots I know flying for the company and also the folks that took part in my interview. I'm looking for a postive change and think Comair would be a nice fit for me. I'm looking forward to my chance!

Latest resources

Back