Accelerated Flight Crew Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJPilot said:
Actually I did my ME and Instrument with them and had no problems. I can't help but think of the few of these posters were Instructors that were fired because they could not follow standards and proceedures. Sunbird, yeah right give me a break. I know two instructors fired from Accelerated last month and went to work for Sunbird because they were screw ups. Sounds like a few of the other posters have personal problems with the owner.

What on earth are you talking about??? None of the above posters work at Sunbird, none of them instruct in Chandler, and I know for a fact Sunbird didn't hire any instructors who were fired from Accelerated. What are you so angry about??

You should have ended your last post after the first sentence. I think that's the only credible line on your entire post.

RJPilot said:
I can't help but think of the few of these posters were Instructors that were fired because they could not follow standards and proceedures. Sunbird, yeah right give me a break. I know two instructors fired from Accelerated last month and went to work for Sunbird because they were screw ups.

Yeah, whatever. Sunbird hasn't hired an instructor since July. Sorry, none of the posters above EVER worked for Accelerated.

One way to look at the five bucks an hour is simple. How many multi-students are you training now. How many multi-hours do you log each month. Those guys are logging 100+ hrs of multi time a month. If you don't like the $5 bucks an hour and the $15 bucks an hour for ground instruction then I hope you have the time and money to get your multi-time another way.

It amazes me in this industry how easily people sellout in order to get themselves ahead, while making it difficult for everyone that follows behind them. I'm getting my time, and being fairly compensated for the valuable service I provide.

So if your a screw up, fired by them, or work for another flight school in the Chandler area and jealous due to volume of biz they do I can see how you would have bad things to say.
Good luck :eek: [/B]

Nice try at a personal attack there. Too bad nobody saying bad stuff above about Accelerated has ever worked there. I know that I'm not jealous about Accelerated's volume of business, I work somewhere that is MUCH busier. I also fly new equipment and get paid a FAIR rate for my work. I would quit the aviation industry rather then work at Accelerated, and I'm sure others would back me up.

For anyone interested in Accelerated, when you visit them be sure to ask about their insurance policy, or lack of. How about how their instructors log time while sleeping in the back seat? Also, go ask the airport authority about how happy they are about Accelerated maintaining their 12 aircraft on the ramp since they still don't seem to have a hanger. Moreover, don't forget to ask about their impressive safety record, how many gear ups have they had?

Finally, read FlyinBrian's post a little more carefully, he wrote "At one time, his mechanic was one of his instructors who was also an A&P trying to keep 3 multi-engine aircraft running..." The words, "At one time" would imply that sometime in the past, not the present they had three aircraft. We all know of Stu's quest to obtain the biggest fleet of flying junk in the Western world.

FlyinBrian is always right

RJPilot said:
You asked not to be flamed but very little of the information you gave is accurate.:rolleyes:

FlyinBrian's information was 100% accurate. The instructors get paid $5/hr, and the owner lost his DE because he falsified FAA paperwork intentionally.

Initial CFI

How about just doing it on your home field? Sometimes, though, with FBOs you may not always be able to get an aircraft and train consistently. You have an advantage over many if you can take off a block of time for flight training.

The well-known 141 schools also offer training under Part 61. They just don't publicize it that heavily. Anything to make a buck, right? But, seriously, that is their business. Contact any of them and tell them what you want to do. It may be worth your while and save you time in the long run if you just go to a place whose business is just flight training.

I agree with the others about not getting your CFI strictly in the multi. You really need all three CFI ratings to be employable. In most schools, the more senior instructors get the multi students.

Accelerated training

Hey Rjguy, Where is your response to instructors riding in the backseat. You have lots of fluff about numbers of planes and amount of training. Every pilot that I have ever flown with from Stu's scared me, not bad pilots but a very bad ego, "I have 400 hours with 300 me, I'm better than you and I can do anything", try telling that to an interview board. Your responses are the typical accelerated attitude, "our place is the best, you all are inferior, how dare you talk bad about our shady ratings"

As for the original question:

Would you rather teach people to fly, or pump out ratings? Fly in safe aircraft (in the front) or sleep in the back of a coffin? I realize if all you are concerned about is building your own time then Stu's place is great, although a little selfish. But if you actaully care about making a small difference and teaching people to fly safely and legaly, then there are many great schools out there, if its Sunbird, ATP, Pan Am, or Falcon Exec. no reputation is better than a bad reputation. Ratings and references from Accelerated might follow you through your whole career, is that a risk you are willing to take?

I don't plan on seeking employment there, just looking for a place to train. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a good school in the southeast Texas area that offers a CFI program. I really do not want to take my checkride with the Houston FSDO because of the horror stories that I hear. Houston FSDO apparently requires a 2 day checkride; 2 airplanes (1 for spin demonstration and complex for checkride), and has a very, high failure rate.

Thanks for everyone's help, let me know if you all have any other suggestions.

Shebles

I did my CFI, II, and MEI at Shebles. I was happy with it. They focus on what you really need to know and get you thru it. Their prices have gone up a good bit since I was there, but they won't jerk you around or slip in any hidden costs. It's kind of a hole in the wall place, but it's well run. Also the checkride(s) are included in the price, but this isn't an issue if your other option is the FAA.

Good Luck

Scott

might as well throw in my .02

I went to Airman's, while a bit more expensive than some of the other they do get you through in the time period they say. No dragging on for weeks. Some of the trainers are a little tired but everywhere else is too. The curiculm is good and if John is still teaching the ground course you WILL learn. In short, all three CFI's in 23 days for $5400.

Again my .02 cents and we all know of good and bad stories out of Airman, just like everywhere again too...

CFI schools

I want to toss another .02 into the cup as well. I went to Sheble's in Blythe 12½ years ago for my ATP. No, it is not your father's flight school and I doubt it has changed since it moved to Nevada. But it did the job for me.

I reiterate my earlier post about checking out Part 61 programs at the well-known 141 schools. Something like them, or Sheble, or Airman, might be more cost-effective in the long run, especially if you can get away from work and concentrate only on your training.

Good luck with your decision.

I agree with FlyinBrian. It is the same Stu that was cheating on the FAA paperwork for checkrides. I heard he would do more than the allowable per day and then pre-date or post-date peoples paperwork. They finally have a maintenance hangar at Stellar so for the most part they don't work on the planes on the ramp. I truly believe you do get what you pay for. I know people that have had success with the program. I also agree with some of the other posts about the pilots egos and I strongly agree that it is bad to prostitute the industry by sitting in the back seat for $5 an hour while logging the time. One may agrue that lots of people do it so why shouldn't I? Many of these people may also fail their checkrides because of lack of skill. Like any school check it out for yourself and then make a decision. If you live out of state I don't think it is worth the trip unless you would also going to check out Pan Am, Westwind, All ATPs, Sunbird and maybe Sheble in Bullhead.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back