• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABC now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Daily show has more facts and info than fox does. It just uses some biting sarcasm to show how lazy and fat this country is. We spend all day on FOX news TV looking for scapegoats....the latest victims - Immigration.

ICE caught 380 illegals the past few months....Only 10 million more to go. What a joke. We need to solve these problem with realistic solutions which mean we need to allow some of these folks a road to citizenship if they deserve it. But the Glenn becks of the world will just cry and cry while selling their products to the fools of the world - that ain't a solution.

Or you could have Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews who spend their time shining Obama's knob! Now there's some real news---------->:laugh:

We need to solve these problem with realistic solutions which mean we need to allow some of these folks a road to citizenship if they deserve it.

There is a path to citizenship/legal residence, they simply chose not to use those avenues, rewarding them now seems rather silly, particularily since there are many who have waited many years to get approved.

What criteria do you want to use to ascertain whether they deserve it or not, anchor babies, no felonies, paid taxes, kids in US schools etc., etc.?
I can guarantee you, that the Latino leagues will try to pressure goverment into accepting all of them, the goverment might deny a token few, but that is about it, even though they have clearly broken the immigration laws.

Reagan gave amnesty to five million but also promised the American people that was it, the border would be protected vigorously, well now we have yet another 12M+ illegals.

Now, I am not saying we don't have a need for immigrants, far from it, nor do I blame them for trying to better their lives, I do however, fault the goverment, on both sides of the fence, for not having the fortitude to solve the issue and more importantly, enforcing our border. We spend billions chasing terrorist's in foreign countries, yet our border is so porous and we have no idea who is walking across!

One way to get a handle on the issue is the EVS, Employment Verification System, but strangely enough both big bussiness and the liberals are united in being against it. Sure, there might be a few hiccups in the system, just enforce that no one can be fired from a job due to "issues", provided that person can provide other credible and verifiable employment documents, most US citizens and legal residents have no problem producing such evidence.

It isn't really that hard, it only becomes so because both sides of the political fence lacks the will power and wants the "future" votes!

It's really quite simple...make everybody who's legal pay taxes. I don't care if you pay $10, or you pay $100,000...if you are here,...and you buy into this country's goals and aspirations, then pay into it and own it, and quit having an attitude about it.

I have seen entire crews from Iberia arrive at the hotel and go straight to the restaurant, order several bottles of wine, and sit down together and enjoy a leisurely dinner, IN UNIFORM!

Big f***ing deal! The American public needs to STFU and mind their own business!

I flew for an airline that had the tradition of a drink after landing. Prior to TOD the cabin crew would take a drink order and after landing, usually after parking a tray full of drinks would be delivered to the cockpit. Wine, Whiskey and Soda, or anything else that was ordered. Nice way to end a long night.:D

Daily show has more facts and info than fox does. It just uses some biting sarcasm to show how lazy and fat this country is. We spend all day on FOX news TV looking for scapegoats....the latest victims - Immigration.

I've watched both, you are wrong! Jon Stewart spends most of his show bashing conservatives or anybody that doesn't tow his liberal agenda.

It's hard to find real journalism, real reporting these days, without some sort of political spin being thrown in!

It's amazing how fast this thread went from the topic of actors in pilot uniforms drinking in a bar, to politics!

I've watched both, you are wrong! Jon Stewart spends most of his show bashing conservatives or anybody that doesn't tow his liberal agenda.

It's hard to find real journalism, real reporting these days, without some sort of political spin being thrown in!

It's amazing how fast this thread went from the topic of actors in pilot uniforms drinking in a bar, to politics!

He bashes liberals pretty hard when they deserve it-
and show me where he bashes conservatives as generally as you just claimed. He will bash their actions and point out hypocrisies (like the "mosque-drummed up for politics-controversy")- but he doesn't bash conservatives for simply being conservative-
think about that- a practicing and unapologetic Jew, who for weeks has used airtime on almost every one of his shows to defend the rights of an Islamic group to build a mosque in his home city.

There's a lesson in that- and it's a good one for everyone

That's what you took from that post? Really?
Are you the guy who must find some fault somehow and latch onto that?
I can't speak for Jon Stewarts religious practice habits or what you would define as "practicing" - maybe you could grab an US weekly or People mag and let me know if he's a "real" Jew or not.

That's what you took from that post? Really?
Are you the guy who must find some fault somehow and latch onto that?
I can't speak for Jon Stewarts religious practice habits or what you would define as "practicing" - maybe you could grab an US weekly or People mag and let me know if he's a "real" Jew or not.

Whoa... calm down. I am not "the guy who must find some fault somehow and latch onto that," I am "the guy" who quietly lurks in the background following most conversations but rarely commenting on them. I am not a fan of most public media figures on either side of the political spectrum, Jon Stewart included.

I can't speak for Jon Stewarts religious practice habits...

And yet you did, right here:
"...think about that- a practicing and unapologetic Jew, who for weeks ..."

It's pretty simple, actually, and very unambiguous-- if one's mother was Jewish then one is Jewish. Period. Doesn't matter what religion, if any, one practices, what one does, what one believes, or how one behaves... if one's mother was Jewish than one is and will always be Jewish. Jon Stuart Leibowitz was born to a Jewish mother (Marian) and is therefore Jewish.

There are many different levels of "practicing" (being a member of and participating in synagogue life, putting on tefillin, keeping kosher, keeping the Sabbath, observing the holidays, or some other combination of practicing Jewish religious customs and traditions) or "observant" (adhering to halacha or Jewish law) but by all accounts nobody (himself included) describes him as either practicing or observant. I didn't (and am still not) commenting on whether he is or isn't practicing, except to say by all accounts nobody (himself included) describes him as either practicing or observant. I don't really care either way.

None of this is a commentary on my part of whether he is good or bad at what he does, whether or not he is talented, whether or not he speaks the truth, etc. All I did was question where you got that he was "practicing" ...all without commenting on any other aspect of his being, or any other part of your post.

Last edited:

If you really watched the show you would see that each side does get beat up pretty bad. Do you think maybe that your sensitivity to anyone criticizing your party is heightened and it seems one sided?

You do realize that it is comedy show!?

Latest resources

Back