• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A&P wanted

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One things for sure, one mech isn't going to restore that plane. He can't be inside the fuselage bucking the rivets that he's shooting on the outside.

Let an A&P school use the plane and restore it for nothing if the mechanics that you hired aren't worth their weight in anything. Why did you keep them on them---so them the curb if you're the boss and you're not happy. Thats got to be one piss poor boss not to control his people.

Back in 1995-1999 it was nearly impossible to find mechanics. There are too many airline jobs in this area. They were taking guys straight out of A&P school. We took what we could get, unfortunately. Even still, I fired more than one of them. Also, it is still hard to find mechanics, let alone a good one. Maybe it is just this area.

Yes...you live in a mechanic black hole.

Just sucks them in. They disappear.

What with paying them for an eight hour day when they only need work three, and spend the rest of the day in the restroom, smoking, and talking on the phone...you'd think they'd be lining up around the block. Fighting for the chance. Salivating at the very thought.

During the time period you mentioned, I spent time working in a repair station...we had absolutely no difficulty getting mechanics. Must just be your area. Or you. You pick.

Oh, that's right...you already did.

Is it the area that leads a mechanic to choose an airline instead of you...or something else. Electricity flows via the path of least resistance. Water flows downhill. And labor gravitates to the best opportunity. Go figure.

Keep entertaining me...just limit it to the other thread (you know where). At least things that really matter can stay at the top of the "Aviation Mechanics" board. See ya over there, poser.

Best get while you can...and leave this forum to folks with experience who aren't "wannabe"'s.

Not a mech, never claimed to be, only employ a few and many others in the past. Only objected to your instigating n2425y, like you do everyone else that does not share your views. Perhaps instead of popping off about such things in a negative way, maybe just pass on the topic or try to encourage the guy. Something like, "$25 an hour might be a little cheap, you might find someone for X amount of dollars." But that is not you, now is it? Besides, others have already said that they would be willing to work for that amount. Obviously you are wrong once again.

You just can't stop....personality flaw among many. Try the other board would ya? I need the entertainment.

Gee...I don't know what I was thinking. Why didn't I just contact you first, so you could put words in my mouth?

No, wait. You already do that.

A lot.

Keep digging.

Latest resources

Back