• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

A choice for the transfers still at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lucky, please post the seniority numbers who got screwed. If you are going to be a mamnagement plant, the least you should do is post who you are bogusly claiming got screwed. Because 238 out of 299 Flexjet pilots are better off by straight percentage placement with this list. So who are the "100+" who got screwed.

If you and V1 don't already have lists showing every FJ pilots seniority change under multiple scenarios, you guys are more incompetent than I thought.

If you and V1 don't already have lists showing every FJ pilots seniority change under multiple scenarios, you guys are more incompetent than I thought.

Trust me, we have spreadsheets and word documents showing almost anything you want to know. If you're wondering what your percentage change was, take your original Flexjet number and divide it by 299, the actual number of Flexjet pilots not including the transfers since technically they're only temporary LOA pilots. Then, to be on the conservative side, use your new, larger OneSky number and divide it by 670. Your change in percentage is the difference in those two numbers. Now, depending on how many transfers stay at Flexjet, your percentage will increase slightly. Hope this helps.

Lucky, please post the seniority numbers who got screwed. If you are going to be a mamnagement plant, the least you should do is post who you are bogusly claiming got screwed. Because 238 out of 299 Flexjet pilots are better off by straight percentage placement with this list. So who are the "100+" who got screwed.

What's incompetent is to dare someone to do it. The short sighted bravado of this and other statements like kiss my ass are doing the pilot group no favors in licking their wounds and moving on.

There are several lists. I don't know how management did theirs but the one being shared with to top screwed shows 100 plus guys losing. The last thing this pilot group needs is a list of 100 guys by name floating around and pissing people off who didn't even realize they lost.

DOH, do this whole group a favor and gain a little humility. While I'm not one of the screwed I support their right to be pissed. Instead of pivoting that frustration into action, you've given them a while new reason to give up on the union. Why someone in charge hasn't put a muzzle on your mouth is beyond me.

And now we get to the point where no one, myself included, is willing to ruin their reputation by joining your merry mod squad. When you're not attacking each other, you're attacking guys you knowingly ********************ed over. They're smart guys, they know they had to be sacrificed for the greater good but instead of saying thank you you pour vinegar and salt into the wound. Who would want to sign on for that bs?

So El, lucky and everyone else who suffered, I say thank you even though apparently the union will not. Getting this behind us helps us move on to the only part that really matters regarding seniority, our contract. I will drive a "cargo plane full of rubber dog ******************** out of Hong Kong" if they pay me well enough, so seniority is only relative if they can't get a good contract.

I have no idea what made up list management is using, but as V1 said, we have all the calculations. The reason I'm asking him for those seniority numbers is because there are not anywhere near one hundred pilots who lost on a straight relative percentage basis. That being the case, I want to know where he got those made up numbers and what management promised him for being their plant. Because what he's trying to sell is not true.

Can someone pm me the list that the company thought was fair? When I went to their website, it told me I had to call in. That leads me to believe management was going to throw me under the bus.

I will go over this 1 more time, please read it carefully.

Flexjet is not 299 pilots. At the cutoff date it took about 380 clowns to run this circus. Counting any other way gives every seat past 299 to FLOPS, that makes it look like pilots from Flight Options are already flying OUR planes.

Some of the 380 clowns were on LOA from a different circus, FLOPS, NASA, IDFK, it doesn't matter. They were new hires just as if they came off-the-street. Indoc, new type, IOE, they were new hires. You had no DFR to them as FLOPS pilots, only as FJ pilots. Let KR or their union represent them as they see fit.

Now, take one of those spreadsheets, delete the column make Date Of Hire. Break each list into groups of 5%. I'll help you out, that means there will be 20 groups. Now mix our groups with theirs. Since each 5% block will probably have a slightly different number of people, mix them on a percentage as well.

The list will have the transfer guys listed twice, that's OK. They get to choose which number they want, isn't it great to be a FoK.

So the other guys don't like this approach, that's OK too. They aren't your friends, you don't represent them, you might even go so far as to call them the "enemy". As I understood it, both sides would have to agree to arbitration. If you thought you would lose, just don't agree to submit the lists. FJ isn't in any hurry, we make more money, and are supposedly growing. After KR starts winding down their operation even more, and guys are being put on the street, they might warm up to the percentage plan.

I hope that wasn't too hard to follow. You guys keep telling yourselves how great you did, I'll go back to not caring.

... and me a management plant... that's funny. People say the stupidest things on the internet.

Break each list into groups of 5%. I'll help you out, that means there will be 20 groups.

I don't care who you are that the funniest, most sarcastic thing I've read in a long time.

The beauty of it is a year from now some people will still not know why.

luckydog:
So the other guys don't like this approach, that's OK too. They aren't your friends, you don't represent them, you might even go so far as to call them the "enemy". As I understood it, both sides would have to agree to arbitration. If you thought you would lose, just don't agree to submit the lists. FJ isn't in any hurry, we make more money, and are supposedly growing. After KR starts winding down their operation even more, and guys are being put on the street, they might warm up to the percentage plan.

I hope that wasn't too hard to follow. You guys keep telling yourselves how great you did, I'll go back to not caring.

... and me a management plant... that's funny. People say the stupidest things on the internet.

Yes, people do say the stupidest things on the internet. Both groups do not need to agree to have arbitration. And the union has a dfr responsibility to all of its members. That includes pilots from both carriers. Let me go over this one more time, very slowly for you; the list is fair and equitable for both pilot groups as a whole. The fact that you are butt hurt that we did not use a methodology that is unfair to more pilots, just because it moves you personally a few numbers up the seniority list, does not mean the list isn't fair and equitable.

And the union has a dfr responsibility to all of its members. That includes pilots from both carriers. Let me go over this one more time, very slowly for you; the list is fair and equitable for both pilot groups as a whole. The fact that you are butt hurt that we did not use a methodology that is unfair to more pilots, just because it moves you personally a few numbers up the seniority list, does not mean the list isn't fair and equitable.

Spot on doh! Perhaps this will serve as a coda to this damaging and unproductive debate. We are eating our young here guys.

I don't know the details here as to when the SLI is final, but if you guys were able to do it without arbitration, good on you. That is rare. Now use that solidarity to move forward to a killer CBA.
Helm

Latest resources

Back