• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

3 pilot schedule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
aa73, you've got a valid point about "co-captain." (Not my term, by the way, but I'll consider it dropped from my glossary!)
Just to clarify the situation I was referring to, all 3 pilots were type-rated and qualified, and during the rotations, the pilot assigned left seat was captain, the assigned right-seater was FO.

what the heck is a co-captain?? a half-a$$ F/O who gets to make decisions? man i get a kick out of some of the terms you corp guys come up with!

Its where both pilots are current and qualified to sit left seat and they rotate PIC duties and neither of them gets there rocks off about being in charge.

Hey AA,
Ever fly in the military? If you have and flew airlift or a tanker, two Aircraft Commanders many times are paired together, but only one of them can be in charge or have the (A-code).
The reason why I bring this up is to let you know that this isn't just a corporate thing, it's the same concept as what the USAF does, just called something different.

Contemplating taking a job on a super midszie(who makes up these names?) 91/135 aircraft. They have been operating it with 2 guys but are extremely busy and want a third guy.

Im a regional airline guy and have no experience with corporate/charter QOL issues. What kind of schedule have you seen used with a 3 man crew before?

Which aircraft types fall into the "super-midsized" category? Citation X? Any examples?

Good luck!

Last edited:
I believe the Challenger 300, G-200/250, Falcon 50, and the Hawker 4000 are all super mid-sized. Some claim the Citation X as well.

"Super midsize" category would include for example: Challenger 300, Falcon 50, Citation Sovereign, Hawker 4000, Falcon 2000 (on the larger side), G-200, etc (not all inclusive, just come to mind).

This is a very busy airplane. Im still getting more details but ill let you guys know when I get all details. So far it sounds like 8 on 6 off.

This is a very busy airplane. Im still getting more details but ill let you guys know when I get all details. So far it sounds like 8 on 6 off.

I would KILL to get an 8 on and 6 Off schedule, we have been averaging 20 days a month for the last year, with only the FAA mandated 13 Hard Days OFF per quarter. Now that is Busy!

I just got another email back. The owner hired a 74 year old friend of his for the 3rd slot!!! You thought age 65 was bad!!

74 years old. Can you even imagine?

I just got another email back. The owner hired a 74 year old friend of his for the 3rd slot!!! You thought age 65 was bad!!

74 years old. Can you even imagine?
wow! there is hope for me just be just being youngster of 68

Latest resources

Back