250 hr hiring mins...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

epic!

Who thinks we will see mins like this again? Was having this discussion recently; some say its inevitable with future attrition and the work/rest regs, personally I dont see them going that low but then again Im not involved in the 121 world.

Eagle started out at at 1500/500, then 1000/something, now 800/100... I can only see if going lower with all the hiring they've been doing. It's been said they want 300-400 more pilots this year alone. ASA initially was 1500, now 1000, and as low as 750 with an internal rec. I had a buddy get XJT with 800 something, but he also had 400+ multi.

It's possible. Will it happen? Who knows.

I can see 500/100 being the norm by this fall.

It all depends on the limp d!cks in Washington. IF they truly implement the ATP (1500 hours ICAO style) to be an "airline pilot" then we will never see anything below that. IF as I expect, loopholes as big as a 747 are put in then well it's going to be all about how much you can pay to go to the right schools and get the minimums "reduced for accredited education"

It all depends on the limp d!cks in Washington. IF they truly implement the ATP (1500 hours ICAO style) to be an "airline pilot" then we will never see anything below that. IF as I expect, loopholes as big as a 747 are put in then well it's going to be all about how much you can pay to go to the right schools and get the minimums "reduced for accredited education"

Exactly. However, this is still two years out. There's the potential of a large hiring wave between now and then.

It will happen. You'll just need some "advanced jet training" and your 250 pro-rata hours will be fine.

BTW, that special training involves about $5,000 and 25 hours sitting in a level-A, homemade box with a couple dusty CRT's your JET-U put together last weekend, and a 350-hour RJ FO "instructor" trying to make ends meet. Then you're good.

Last edited:
I bet the upper management at ATP is salivating over that idea. Isn't their CRJ course like 15k or something ridiculous?

Eagle started out at at 1500/500, then 1000/something, now 800/100... I can only see if going lower with all the hiring they've been doing. It's been said they want 300-400 more pilots this year alone. ASA initially was 1500, now 1000, and as low as 750 with an internal rec. I had a buddy get XJT with 800 something, but he also had 400+ multi.

It's possible. Will it happen? Who knows.

Whats the source for this?

Latest resources

Back