• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1st and 2nd Year Net Take Home $$$$

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chq, CA, 135 pay, grossed 58,510. 7 year payscale, less than a skywest FO apparently. Never more than 13days off a month, impossible to drop anything. In other words, don't even think about working for an RAH carrier. Our soft pay rules are worse than the actual pay scale.

Don't forget when you look at first year pay that the first couple months is training pay at 300 a week or so. You only make your "salary" for maybe 8-9 months of your first year. I was hired in January my first year... Net for that year was just under 16K

The pay sucks period. 6 year f/0. Netted 42k. 1250 on guarantee check and 2500 on the above guarantee with per diem. That's with 107 of credit.

Not sure where you're coming from, but I left a 91k/91 gig for a regional spot. I lost money doing it, that's for sure, but for my personal situation the having a schedule in advance has made a huge difference in my life, even though it costs at least $30k a year in pay.

I live in base though, which is a pretty major factor.

Tell ya what. Instead of net, here's gross. My first full year at the airline formerly known as ASA (that included one pay check on second year pay) I made a total of $20194.04 in wages and $1600 in per diem. Knock out about a third for deductions and you'll have a good idea of why it's important to come into this job with low debt and low cost of living.

That year was 2008. I never broke guarantee. Pay has gone up about 3 percent since then with the yearly allowances but it's not enough to bother calculating.

Hm on the other side:

1st: 37.5

2nd: 57.7

Skywest: net year 1 = 22,000. Year 2= 43,000. Year 3 = 51,000. Year 4 = 61,000

Still an FO on reserve in SLC but am a line holder next month. Flying about 70 hours per month or around 17 days of work. Average about 95 hours of credit. Chop off about $8000 from the above figures for years 2-4 to get my after tax pay.

I am happier than most but pretty easy going and optimistic. I live in domicile and don't mind reserve. After 4 years I have learned to work the system pretty well.

I left corporate aviation flying a Hawker and have not regretted it. Good luck!

You must really be working.

4th year pay rate is 39

61,000 / 39 = 1564 Credit hours / 12 months =

130 hours of credit a month

or if you only fly the 900

61,000 / 43 = 1418 Credit hours / 118 Credit hours a month

I need to know how to get this because I would be making 112,000 a year
on reseve

You must really be working.

4th year pay rate is 39

61,000 / 39 = 1564 Credit hours / 12 months =

130 hours of credit a month

or if you only fly the 900

61,000 / 43 = 1418 Credit hours / 118 Credit hours a month

I need to know how to get this because I would be making 112,000 a year
on reseve

Pretty sure he's including per diem. I made 54k at ASA last year including per diem on 4th yr pay

Latest resources

Back