Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airline Pilot27

High Speed... Aww shut up
That American pilot was right on. Why should APA allow ASM relief. Has this management ever done anything for its employees out of the kindness of their hearts? You have to think about the big picture. As an Eagle pilot with an ever shrinking seniority number, I too am starting to feel the pinch. But I would not allow the continued degradation of our profession by allowing us to fly more RJ's. We are already way behind our Peers in wages, benefits, etc. Of-course AMR wants to take advantage of us some more by giving us more of RJ's. Well I for one would rather see another solution besides APA simply negating their Scope Clause.
APA is right in being threatened by RJ's. As an RJ pilot I routinely fly routes that were once American routes. WE ARE NO LONGER A FEEDER AIRLINE!!!!!!!!!!.

dead horse again.

If they arent' going to give us scope relief, they should accept the flying themselves, and put us on their list. It appears (at long last) that they may be willing to do this. AMR is not to thrilled about this prospect as they'd lose their whipsaw. What they cannot reasonably do is tell AMR that they can't add RJ's. They have to fly them or let Eagle fly them. As they say, you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Airline Pilot27 said:
But I would not allow the continued degradation of our profession by allowing us to fly more RJ's

What are you going do? Pilots can't control what aircraft management chooses to operate. If RJ pilots were paid fair wages and given better work rules it wouldn't be so degrading, would it?

Start an RJ airline, bypass all the hub stuff and run the big boys right out of business. It won't take much to get one of them to fall at this point.

Latest resources

Back