• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Found this the other day while deleting old files off of my computer....

From a pilot at my airline -

To those who think age 65 is a great victory,

As you proponents of age 65 celebrate your victory today, please consider over whom you have prevailed. You did not wage war against unjust management, or against actual discrimination (for 65 is also simply delayed discrimination). You did however, (having poorly and weakly fought for proper wages and retirement, and failed unequivocally in your generation of leadership to our profession), succeed in stealing from your fellow pilot- your first officers even, who you smile at and hope will protect you and keep you out of trouble.

Do not deceive yourself - the pilot to your right is exactly from whom your newfound wealth was taken- not from management, or the government, or even from our customers. As you reflect on this, remember also that your victory will be used against us by management, for they will accurately state that their cost have risen because of more pilots at absolute top-of-scale. That's right, a smaller increase for everyone else as you sit there at maximum pay.

You have also solved another problem for management- the looming pilot short which was finally beginning to reveal itself and give our profession its long overdue leverage.

As you fly past 60 now, remember how it was for our fathers and grandfathers- the "greatest generation," as they gracefully stepped out of the left seat prior to their 60th birthday and moved to the next phase of their life with dignity. As you sit there uneasy, and unable to understand why, know that it is your guilty subconscious convicting you of the truth- that your Captain seat was never yours to keep, but now you pretend it is yours forever, while you blissfully ignore the true cost to the generation behind.

With absolute sincerity,

Name Deleted

Last edited:
Damn! I Guess picking off an easy target last night made me feel a little bit cocky... I humbly take my place tonight... :) But we are one day closer!!

Damn! I Guess picking off an easy target last night made me feel a little bit cocky... I humbly take my place tonight... :) But we are one day closer!!

You guys are slow! Where is Whataburger?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posting this again to keep it on the current page...

From a pilot at my airline who posted this the day the Age 65 rule was passed -

To those who think age 65 is a great victory,

As you proponents of age 65 celebrate your victory today, please consider over whom you have prevailed. You did not wage war against unjust management, or against actual discrimination (for 65 is also simply delayed discrimination). You did however, (having poorly and weakly fought for proper wages and retirement, and failed unequivocally in your generation of leadership to our profession), succeed in stealing from your fellow pilot- your first officers even, who you smile at and hope will protect you and keep you out of trouble.

Do not deceive yourself - the pilot to your right is exactly from whom your newfound wealth was taken- not from management, or the government, or even from our customers. As you reflect on this, remember also that your victory will be used against us by management, for they will accurately state that their cost have risen because of more pilots at absolute top-of-scale. That's right, a smaller increase for everyone else as you sit there at maximum pay.

You have also solved another problem for management- the looming pilot short which was finally beginning to reveal itself and give our profession its long overdue leverage.

As you fly past 60 now, remember how it was for our fathers and grandfathers- the "greatest generation," as they gracefully stepped out of the left seat prior to their 60th birthday and moved to the next phase of their life with dignity. As you sit there uneasy, and unable to understand why, know that it is your guilty subconscious convicting you of the truth- that your Captain seat was never yours to keep, but now you pretend it is yours forever, while you blissfully ignore the true cost to the generation behind.

With absolute sincerity,

Name Deleted

I'd like to show this to the D-bag I'm flying with now. Drops his whole board, works nothing but premium, doesn't understand the automation and sleeps on every friggin' leg! Yeah, age 65 was the right thing to do...

Paul Emens is a major pr!ck for those of you fortunate enough to never have crossed paths with him.

Latest resources

Back