12 legs a day!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
turboprops

yeah i was a 1900 capt myself and loved to blow by the jets on final. But I got to tell you- once you move to a "jet" it will be a move you will ever regret. Good luck to all out there pounding the pavement!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super Duper J-32

We called it the dungbeetle in Ca.
Dirty, noisy, smelly(19 toilets), truly a pilots plane-handled like a dream.
250kts to Limma(Lax), no sweat.
Sexy-no way, gotta be some mighty thick beer goggles.

"Pissing off the world 19 seats at a time"

will never forget it thanks to the Mighty J-32 [/B]

Nor will I.

Man .. this one time I was on my way to ALO from STL and the wx was forcast ok but was 1/4 in snow, of course, when we got there. Ops. had us filled full of fuel when we left so that when we got there, holding for an hour wouldn't be a problem. Well, as the hold went on I made the appropriate 15 minute updates to the pax over the wonderful PA that the 32 has. The wx never improved, so we headed to MLI and I made another announcement letting the pax know about the diversion and that we would accomidate them (hopefully) when we got there... We landed in MLI after 3 hours of flight time (first dibs on the bathroom) ... and I made another PA while taxiing in giving the usual explination of why these people are not in the STATE that they wanted to go to. Then I got a tap on my shoulder from an elderly lady sitting in 1B, so I took my headset.. and earplugs out to listen to what she was saying.. She said " I'm sorry for bothering you but we haven't been able to understand what you have been saying over the speaker.." OMFG..... .... I thought to myself.. Man I wish I was the FO right now..:eek:

Lucky you, I count myself lucky if I get more than 5 landings a month. Sure sound like fun to me.

A Squared, that discription of that day sounded awful familiar to me, AKN-ANC or DLG-ANC, which one was it. Better yet out of Goodnews, or Togiak with the Ball Bros.

TurboS7

Actually, it was OTZ-UNK-OTZ-UNK.......ad naseum then eventually back to ANC. The Ball Bros. don't operate here anymore.

Regards

I worked with NPT a long time ago 81,82,83 and am good friends with Gerry, Burt, and Newt. I havn't talked to them in a couple of years though.

Latest resources

Back