• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

11 April SWA Class!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Specnet, thanks for the update, as the next guy in the que your fate is of keen interest to all of us.

Perusing the news today I came across this tidbit.
SWA news

I have no idea what a fare war would do to SWA's hiring short term, but in the long run I don't think anybody is positioned to win a fare war with SWA.

Anybody else hearing the theme to JAWS?

350??

Hey ivauir,

350 guys in the pool?

Word we had after the 20 Feb board was that about 1/3 of the 300 guys who interviewed were put in the pool (that's 100). Assuming they had approximately the same on the 13 Mar board(another 100) there are 150 still in the pool from 2001!

Time to break out the abacus!

NoBadVibesNoBadVibesNoBadVibes

Hey Specnut,

Man you crushed me this evening. Unfortunately, being furloughed means I check this board about once every 45 minutes when I'm not sitting here constantly. Of course I am waiting for the Apr 11 class calls to start coming so when I saw you had moved the post up to current I got excited only to catch bad vibes. Not that they aren't founded in fact, rumor, and inuendo, but .......man this waiting blows almost as bad as the DB call. I've got way too much time on my hands....I need a cheap hobby. Here's to pruning.

Slug

Specnut,

Just from what I've seen over the past few months, it seems like JM is calling most folks about 2 weeks out from their class date with the CP call a couple days later. I'd expect a call next week.

Thanks for the updates, let us know when you get "THE CALL"!!!

T1bubba

pool size?

InHot,
So you wanna have fun with numbers? First, define "in the pool". Just because we don't count you as wading until you have the type doesn't mean SWA does the same. In fact, of those 100 per DB, how many are not typed. This gives us a real moving target, because people who interviewed in October may still be jumping in everyday. I know of one guy for sure with a September 6th interview who was successfull at the DB, but has been unable to even get the type due to fighting for our freedom - I will bet my classdate they'll let him come swimming when he gets the chance. So. interviews or not, the pool is growing.

350 is easily doable as a pool size and here is how:

20 Feb DB 100
13Feb DB 100
Folks from 2001 on Flight info 40
Folks from 2001 NOT on FI 60
Folks getting their types in 2002 50

Total 350

Here is another way to think about it: the largest rumored class size as of 01/01/02 was 250. So far we have drained a little over 150 so we are MORE than 2.5 months away from any 2002 poolies :( The silver lining of this picture is that we then have 40% of the remaining class of '01 on our list and we'll have a great picture of what is going on (once the drain resumes).

T1bubba,
For what it is worth, this is going differently than my observations of past classes.
- JM is actually acknowlegdeing Specnuts depth (or lack thereof) in the pool, this may be a first.
- About half of the calls go out three weeks prior, with the rest at the two week point.

I don't want the bad vibes anymore than anyone else, but our ride may be getting bumping. Don't worry too much, the destination is the same.

Latest resources

Back