1095-B for your taxes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerfun

So do we really need a form 1095-B from are Insurance if it is already on are w2.

The 1095-B does not come out until march 30 2015.

My aviation tax guy is charging me extra $300 for the new proof of insurance for every month when I have been with the same company for 17 years

If you are smart enough to be a professional pilot (not a that high a bar really), you are smart enough to knock out your own full tax returns, or at least do them with Turbo Tax or some other program for under $50. An extra $300 for one more form is robbery. $300 for everything is robbery unless you have your own business that needs to be all accounted for on top of the pilot stuff. All the instructions for every form are provided on the IRS website, right next to the forms you have to fill out. If you need a template, insist on a copy of every form that your accountant fills out for you this year so you can do it yourself next year. I was shocked how easy it is when I had to figure it out myself while I was a poor flight instructor with no money for even Turbo Tax.

hawkerfun, your tax guy is bending you over for his wife's new car payment. Your complete tax return shouldn't cost much more than $300 (and this if you have side stuff)!!!

Latest resources

Back