100 hours turbine- looking to buy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

check six

I have the ATP, 400 turbojet and 2500 tt. Where can I buy 100 hours turbine to meet mins of some companies hiring at this time?

Thanks,

Check Six

If you really want to buy time try Eagle Jet. They sell blocks of time for various programs. But, I would seriously look at going to a regional and saving the cash. You will get the 121 training, a signing bonus and not be considered a PFT person. Not trying to judge you or anything but just my advice. Good luck. If you can't find Eagle Jet, send me a PM and I will give you their info.

You're overqualified for Republic, but we've got the shiniest of the shiny RJs out there and a new industry dragging concessionary contract on its way. Come join the party.

Simple, don't...

Even if you've won the Powerball, spending your way to being "qualified" won't get you genuinely qualified, and it certainly won't earn you the respect of your fellow pilots. Save that money for a rainy day, and instead get a real job! As has already been pointed out you're likely qualified already for many potential jobs. Find a job flying night freight (one example), get out there and battle the weather, get the job done. You'll build time quickly and truly hone your skills.

It's the journey man.
You will reach your brass ring, just don't forget to enjoy the ride.

Great Advice from all you guys. Definitely do not want to be known as a PFT'r. SMcC points out the logic behind the negatives of buying your qualifications. I have made a good living over the years as an engineer and could afford it. But flying a Lear 35 for 400 hours on revenue producing flights in all weather honed my skills and earned respect my fellow pilots.

Thanks guys,

Check Six

The Lear is a great teacher, and you will value that experience throughout your career. I learned A LOT from that airplane and the guys I flew it with. So 400 hours in the Lear is high quality no doubt. But if you're willing to cough up a substantial sum for 100 hours turbine, just to meet Flexjets (...or fill in the blank) minimum qualifications, then I think you may miss out on some of the really great parts of the career. You're well qualified for many jobs that will offer turbine experience. Explore the possibilities and you'll probably make a lot of great friends along the way. And when you have 10,000 hours and look back you will be glad you kept that money.

Latest resources

Back