Thread: Onesky Management In The Twilight Zone

Registered Aviator Imissmypilot's Avatar
    Flown:
    regionals, fractionals, crap cargo....
    Civ/Mil:
    Civ
    Ratings:
    2 or 3
    Seems like a perfect opportunity to do an informational picket. Just sayin'.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    c550
    Civ/Mil:
    civilian
    Ratings:
    c500
    Been lots of opportunity to do informational Picket and everyone was missed so far. Notre Dame, Live time achievement award, to name a few

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    Citation I, II, Falcon 20, Hawker 800, Beechjet 400
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    ATP
    Quote Originally Posted by V1 Rotate View Post
    They're trying to cut all the furloughed guys loose with the VSP to get rid of yes votes for a decert this December. This has been obvious since last year when they hoped all the "company haters" would leave. Then, they're going to pronounce how great things are because we're now attending job fairs, the first being May 5th in Chicago. How is this not blatantly obvious to everyone??
    But did they not offer it to flex first? I am thinking that the older folks who are considering retirement would have jumped at the money. Weren't there 40 on that side? And potentially 40 more on the FO side? Now the company said that they did not want to sign cause they may have 60 take it by April! (They have signed it now).

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    Citation I, II, Falcon 20, Hawker 800, Beechjet 400
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    ATP
    My point is the ratio will most likely stay the same.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    100+
    Civ/Mil:
    c
    Ratings:
    atp
    If they opened up the VSP again, I'm sure more than 80 would bail.

Flown:
    props & jets
    Civ/Mil:
    yep
    Ratings:
    I'll give her an 8
    According to yam, VSP offers go out tomorrow.
    ... so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    Quite a few
    Civ/Mil:
    Civ.
    Ratings:
    Some
    They went out this morning.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    100+
    Civ/Mil:
    c
    Ratings:
    atp
    And the company spins it like they are going out of their way to help the pilots. This is nothing more than attempt to thin the herd of higher paid pilots. Replacing them with new hires(as they are claiming at the job fair) was their plan all along. Do they really think they will find enough talent to replace these experienced pilots?
    Last edited by GlorifiedCabbie; 02-21-2017 at 19:03.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    100+
    Civ/Mil:
    c
    Ratings:
    atp
    And for those that were going to retire anyway, Congratulations!

Flown:
    props & jets
    Civ/Mil:
    yep
    Ratings:
    I'll give her an 8
    Let's talk numbers. The latest info I have is mid 50s taking VSP. Equal numbers from Flex and Options. I also have to give cudos to JW for his latest text message. It was nice of him to admit that the Union's VSP victory is creating opportunities for us pilots.
    ... so I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    100+
    Civ/Mil:
    c
    Ratings:
    atp
    But , once again while they claim victory, they are appealing the judges ruling. Is this for not negotiating in good faith? A big public announcement on one subject while the slimy weasel does something else when he thinks no one is paying attention. BUSTED again.

Flown:
    Civ/Mil:
    Civ
    Ratings:
    2 or 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GlorifiedCabbie View Post
    But , once again while they claim victory, they are appealing the judges ruling. Is this for not negotiating in good faith? A big public announcement on one subject while the slimy weasel does something else when he thinks no one is paying attention. BUSTED again.
    Because most aren't paying attention and uncle knows it. For a quite a sizeable portion, scamagement can say the sky is pink and these guys will just ***************ume Kenn was speaking metaphorically from the veranda in Cabo because it's easier.

Regardless of how overworked we get and how unsafe this place gets they still won't bother. Right now my greatest stress is wondering if today will be the day that we cross the threshold into tragedy. Right now with the way we are being run it's a matter of when not if. If you don't agree, then you are part of the problem and a likely candidate for the incident.

That letter to owners was the best thing the Union ever could have done. After all, they are our real bosses and they deserve to know what's going on.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    100+
    Civ/Mil:
    c
    Ratings:
    atp
    Just for the record, has Flex had any accidents? I'm not talking about hangar rash, I'm talking about going off the end (or the side) of the runway? Or a dinged wingtip?

Flown:
    Civ/Mil:
    Civ
    Ratings:
    2 or 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GlorifiedCabbie View Post
    Just for the record, has Flex had any accidents? I'm not talking about hangar rash, I'm talking about going off the end (or the side) of the runway? Or a dinged wingtip?
    No accidents/incidents with injuries but we've had just 2 I can recall in my decade plus. A 45 ran off in CGF prior to the acquisition and a 604 dinged a tip not long after the acquisition. I really wouldn't even count the 604 since there were mulitple factors involved that don't really count toward the a ssessment your question is leading to.

Quite frankly, I'm amazed with and humbled by the caliber of skill and professionalism here because I honestly believe with lesser pilots the accidents would be piling up the way we are being run to the brink of broke and exhausted every flipping day.

At the same time, as awesome as a Jimmy Johnson or a Dale Earnhardt are, I don't want them driving my granddaughter in bumper car if they're not really fit for duty let alone in a rusty racecar hurtling around Daytona at 200+ mph, capiche?
    Last edited by Imissmypilot; 02-26-2017 at 22:24.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    100+
    Civ/Mil:
    c
    Ratings:
    atp
    I'm glad you see where Flex is headed. More people need to wake up.