Thread: Frontier Career Pilot Program

Flown:
    DC-3/6/9, B-737/727, MD-80, CV-880
    Civ/Mil:
    civilian
    Ratings:
    ATP, F/E, Dispatcher, Grnd Inst.

Frontier Career Pilot Program

This popped up recently. I suppose it'll help recruiting at GL and Silver ? No details so far beyond what's in the article. A passing reference on the GL hiring site:

https://worldairlinenews.com/2016/06...ilver-airways/

What's in it for Frontier ?
    "I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    Drug Runner
    Civ/Mil:
    Cartel
    Ratings:
    DC3
    Sweeeeeet! Upgrade times? Bases? If I don't wanna be FO, can I get hired directly as Captain?

Registered Aviator Daytonaflyer's Avatar
    Flown:
    Paper ones
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    It won't matter. Pilots will still use Frontier as a stepping stone until they get hired by the legacy carriers that currently pay better. Eventually, however, the pilots of the Ultra Low Cost Carriers like Frontier, Spirit, and Allegiant will realize that their airlines are a lot more profitable than the bigger airlines and can afford to pay more. It will take quite some time, but eventually their unions will pull their heads out of their butts and negotiate contracts that pay better than the legacies.
    Last edited by Daytonaflyer; 06-13-2016 at 06:12.

Flown:
    T-34, T-28, S-2, C1A, C-47, C-54, P-3, P-2, L-188, DC-8, DC-9, CV-580, C-46, B-17G, CA-212, DA-20, NA-265, LJ, CE-550, DHC-6, AC-690, BE-200, BE-90
    Civ/Mil:
    Both
    Ratings:
    ATP, CFI, CFII, CFMEI B-17, CA-212, CE-550, DC-3, DC-9, DA-20, L-188
    Quote Originally Posted by Daytonaflyer View Post
    It won't matter. Pilots will still use Frontier as a stepping stone until they get hired by the legacy carriers that currently pay better. Eventually, however, the pilots of the Ultra Low Cost Carriers like Frontier, Spirit, and Allegiant will realize that their airlines are a lot more profitable than the bigger airlines and can afford to pay more. It will take quite some time, but eventually their unions will pull their heads out of their butts and negotiate contracts that pay better than the legacies.
    and that will result in an increase in tickets prices and open the door for a new LLC to undercut the market again. The pilots will flock to to the new LLC, I mean start as CA at $100k/yr. It would be the dream job. But It will take quite some time for the new LLC's to get up and running. Also airlines profits are going to take a good hit here as oil goes back to ward $70/brl.

BTW Great to see airline talk on FT.
    Fly because you like to, if you are in it for the respect, prestige, recognition or money you may be disappointed.

Flown:
    DC-3/6/9, B-737/727, MD-80, CV-880
    Civ/Mil:
    civilian
    Ratings:
    ATP, F/E, Dispatcher, Grnd Inst.
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotyip View Post
    BTW Great to see airline talk on FT.
    It can't last for long !!
    "I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Flown:
    T-34, T-28, S-2, C1A, C-47, C-54, P-3, P-2, L-188, DC-8, DC-9, CV-580, C-46, B-17G, CA-212, DA-20, NA-265, LJ, CE-550, DHC-6, AC-690, BE-200, BE-90
    Civ/Mil:
    Both
    Ratings:
    ATP, CFI, CFII, CFMEI B-17, CA-212, CE-550, DC-3, DC-9, DA-20, L-188

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bafanguy View Post
    It can't last for long !!
    I could post on the Fractional forum something about unions, that might bring the place back to life. On second thoughts we will let that bear sleep.
    Fly because you like to, if you are in it for the respect, prestige, recognition or money you may be disappointed.

Registered Aviator
    Flown:
    DC-6, DC-9, DC-8, B-727, B-747, A-319, A-318
    Civ/Mil:
    !st class civilian
    Ratings:
    B-727, DC-8, A-320
    It would be interesting to see the F9 union reps approach the reps of these other carriers and suggest hiring in seniority. Establish a system wide seniority list. I suspect a pilot would go with Great Lakes knowing he or she had a path to career stability.