Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Pet Peeves

  1. #11
    Registered Aviator BuckMurdock1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    476
    Flown:
    A320, CL65, CE560XL/XLS, BE1900D, BE-76, PA23-250, M20F, usual SEs
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    ATP, A320, CL-65, CE-560XL (also tailwheel)

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by BEfly View Post
    Turbo checkin. Guy or gal throws the new frequency in and simultaneously keys the mic to check in, blocking current conversations. Then, a moment later, Checks in again only to block another radio call. Like they are the only one in existence.

    Tune new freq, count to 3, transmit.
    Had a SWA right behind us LAX-DAL the other day.. dude blocked everyone on every check on. Annoying to say least. F/O and I were dying laughing...guy did that EVERY SINGLE TIME! When we got to DAL-- I don't think he bothered (all approach & landing CLCs are just assumed and implied for them )

  2. #12
    Registered Aviator
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    1,319
    Flown:
    Turbojets,turboprops,recips
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    A.T.P.,F.E.
    Pilots who never initiate the appropriate ATC call with the ATIS, then of course ATC has to ask if you have ATIS xxxx and unnecessarily tying up the freq. Some of these guys/gals have been flying for over 30 years and still never learn.

  3. #13
    Big Member CA1900's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    5,438
    Flown:
    Lots
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    Many
    Quote Originally Posted by inline View Post
    Pilots who never initiate the appropriate ATC call with the ATIS, then of course ATC has to ask if you have ATIS xxxx and unnecessarily tying up the freq. Some of these guys/gals have been flying for over 30 years and still never learn.
    After the five-hundredth time checking in with SoCal "with [letter]," and still being asked to "confirm you have ATIS [letter]" every damn time, you get a little jaded about it.

  4. #14
    Registered Aviator rettofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    8,857
    Flown:
    CE560, EMB110, DO228, P180 and lots more
    Civ/Mil:
    civ
    Ratings:
    ATP/CFI;CE500, EMB110, DO228
    Quote Originally Posted by CA1900 View Post
    After the five-hundredth time checking in with SoCal "with [letter]," and still being asked to "confirm you have ATIS [letter]" every damn time, you get a little jaded about it.
    Ding ding.
    LiberTEA! EgaliTEA! FraterniTEA!

  5. #15
    Registered Aviator pilotyip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    13,629
    Flown:
    T-34, T-28, S-2, C1A, C-47, C-54, P-3, P-2, L-188, DC-8, DC-9, CV-580, C-46, B-17G, CA-212, DA-20, NA-265, LJ, CE-550, DHC-6, AC-690, BE-200, BE-90
    Civ/Mil:
    Both
    Ratings:
    ATP, CFI, CFII, CFMEI B-17, CA-212, CE-550, DC-3, DC-9, DA-20, L-188
    Guys who don't make proper response to checklist challenges, even after they have been corrected a number of times.
    Fly because you like to, if you are in it for the respect, prestige, recognition or money you may be disappointed.

  6. #16
    Registered Aviator Blue Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    849
    Flown:
    A320
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    ATP, CFI
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotyip View Post
    Guys who don't make proper response to checklist challenges, even after they have been corrected a number of times.
    http://youtu.be/VN82J_X7J7A

  7. #17
    Registered Aviator pilotyip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    13,629
    Flown:
    T-34, T-28, S-2, C1A, C-47, C-54, P-3, P-2, L-188, DC-8, DC-9, CV-580, C-46, B-17G, CA-212, DA-20, NA-265, LJ, CE-550, DHC-6, AC-690, BE-200, BE-90
    Civ/Mil:
    Both
    Ratings:
    ATP, CFI, CFII, CFMEI B-17, CA-212, CE-550, DC-3, DC-9, DA-20, L-188
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dude View Post
    that is funny
    Fly because you like to, if you are in it for the respect, prestige, recognition or money you may be disappointed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •