Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: JetBlue upgrade times

  1. #11
    Registered Aviator BeachBummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    997
    Flown:
    E190, E145, SF340B, en stuff
    Civ/Mil:
    Retarded Field
    Ratings:
    Drives2Work
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandDriver View Post
    Who is the big 3?

    In line with the lemmings...

  2. #12
    Time to drill Congress! learflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,587
    Flown:
    LR55, BE400a
    Civ/Mil:
    civilian
    Ratings:
    MU300, BE400, HS-125
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandDriver View Post
    Who is the big 3?
    Republican
    Democrat
    Libertarian

    Not in any particular order.

  3. #13
    Registered Aviator Skank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    482
    Flown:
    AH-1, UH-1, OH-6, CL-65, J-31
    Civ/Mil:
    Military/Civilian
    Ratings:
    Ba3100, CL65, A-320
    Wow, that headed south rather quickly. And now, back to the boot thread.

  4. #14
    Registered Aviator Uncle Bunkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,232
    Flown:
    Wright Flyer, Memphis Belle
    Civ/Mil:
    Here 'N There
    Ratings:
    License to Ill
    Quote Originally Posted by Skank View Post
    And now, back to the boot thread.
    Don't they all, Skanky, don't they all?

  5. #15
    Registered Aviator JetFumes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    273
    Flown:
    J41, CL-65, A320
    Civ/Mil:
    civ
    Ratings:
    BA-4100, CL-65, B737, A320
    Just don't forget to ask yourself why the upgrade went so junior.

  6. #16
    Registered Aviator Blue Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    849
    Flown:
    A320
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    ATP, CFI
    Cuz our scheduling of reserves sucks and people with lives outside of work want to keep them when they upgrade. Many hold off on upgrade until they are sure to get a line.

  7. #17
    Registered Aviator
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    10
    Flown:
    CRJ
    Civ/Mil:
    None
    Ratings:
    ATP
    TO ALL PILOTS: INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT WORKING FOR ONE OF THE MOST PROFITABLE AIRLINES IN THE US?
    WE INVITE YOU TO ATTEND A MEET & GREET WITH ALLEGIANT AIR CHIEF PILOTS!

    WHAT: Allegiant Travel Company invites you to attend an Open House Meet & Greet with our Chief Pilots!
    WHERE: Philadelphia Airport Marriott (PHL)
    WHEN: August 27th, 2015 from 80am-11:30am, 12:30pm- 50pm
    WHY: This is your opportunity to learn more about the following:
    1) WER?E HIRING! New Hire Pilot Classes
    2) Allegiant Travel Company Business Model & Financial Updates.
    3) Flight Ops. Schedule- Bases from Florida to Hawaii mostly Day Trips!

    ADDITIONAL DETAILS: No reservations required. Please bring your resume. Business Casual or Uniform Attire.

  8. #18
    I love her ARSE!!!! say again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,007
    Flown:
    Jets, Props, etc
    Civ/Mil:
    Civilian
    Ratings:
    ATP/POS
    Quote Originally Posted by Skypest200 View Post
    TO ALL PILOTS: INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT WORKING FOR ONE OF THE MOST PROFITABLE AIRLINES IN THE US?
    WE INVITE YOU TO ATTEND A MEET & GREET WITH ALLEGIANT AIR CHIEF PILOTS!

    WHAT: Allegiant Travel Company invites you to attend an Open House Meet & Greet with our Chief Pilots!
    WHERE: Philadelphia Airport Marriott (PHL)
    WHEN: August 27th, 2015 from 80am-11:30am, 12:30pm- 50pm
    WHY: This is your opportunity to learn more about the following:
    1) WER?E HIRING! New Hire Pilot Classes
    2) Allegiant Travel Company Business Model & Financial Updates.
    3) Flight Ops. Schedule- Bases from Florida to Hawaii mostly Day Trips!

    ADDITIONAL DETAILS: No reservations required. Please bring your resume. Business Casual or Uniform Attire.
    Profitable doesn't mean squat if the company is complete crap! All one has to do is a little research on Allegiant to know what I mean. This is about JB and their boot code and upgrade times anyway.
    IS IT HAPPY HOUR YET????

  9. #19
    Registered Aviator $$$4nothin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    815
    Flown:
    E145,E190,A320
    Civ/Mil:
    Civ
    Ratings:
    CFI CFII MEI
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFumes View Post
    Just don't forget to ask yourself why the upgrade went so junior.
    Also the upgrading from somewhat senior FO to reserve captain just doesn't make sense financially. For example say as a top 40-50% FO you are able to bid your vacations off which many can. You also get 16-18 days off, all weekends and holidays. So you are able to sell back 9-10 hours of PTO per month at time and a half. Now as a junior reserve captain commuting on reserve with Tues-Thurs off you will need to use your PTO to give yourself a somewhat acceptable QOL. So compare the PTO sell back, per diem, NOR, and an 85 hour line that a Senior FO will get to the 75 hrs a reserve captain will get with much less flexibility, per diem, NOR etc. After taxes the net difference that the reserve Captain makes is only about $500-$600 more/month. This is with that FO working 85hrs. Bump that to 90hours and its a very minimal difference in take home pay. So for many an extra $500/mo take home isn't worth working weekends, getting abused by scheduling, having 12 days off vs 15-18 days off etc etc etc. This example is 320 FO to 320 CPT. It is very close to the same money when you start talking about a line holding 320 FO upgrading to reserve 190 captain. So unless you live in base, don't sell back PTO as an FO, or are so junior as an FO that your schedule sucks anyway there is very little reason to upgrade until you can hold a line. Of course this is a very general description and a 100 different factors go into everyone's personal experience and decision making. This is just another example of why upgrade goes so junior at JB.
    Last edited by $$$4nothin; 08-27-2015 at 12:28.
    My German Shepherd is well behaved. Is your kid?

  10. #20
    Registered Aviator JetFumes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    273
    Flown:
    J41, CL-65, A320
    Civ/Mil:
    civ
    Ratings:
    BA-4100, CL-65, B737, A320
    Quote Originally Posted by $$$4nothin View Post
    Also the upgrading from somewhat senior FO to reserve captain just doesn't make sense financially. For example say as a top 40-50% FO you are able to bid your vacations off which many can. You also get 16-18 days off, all weekends and holidays. So you are able to sell back 9-10 hours of PTO per month at time and a half. Now as a junior reserve captain commuting on reserve with Tues-Thurs off you will need to use your PTO to give yourself a somewhat acceptable QOL. So compare the PTO sell back, per diem, NOR, and an 85 hour line that a Senior FO will get to the 75 hrs a reserve captain will get with much less flexibility, per diem, NOR etc. After taxes the net difference that the reserve Captain makes is only about $500-$600 more/month. This is with that FO working 85hrs. Bump that to 90hours and its a very minimal difference in take home pay. So for many an extra $500/mo take home isn't worth working weekends, getting abused by scheduling, having 12 days off vs 15-18 days off etc etc etc. This example is 320 FO to 320 CPT. It is very close to the same money when you start talking about a line holding 320 FO upgrading to reserve 190 captain. So unless you live in base, don't sell back PTO as an FO, or are so junior as an FO that your schedule sucks anyway there is very little reason to upgrade until you can hold a line. Of course this is a very general description and a 100 different factors go into everyone's personal experience and decision making. This is just another example of why upgrade goes so junior at JB.
    Don't forget that JetBlue has no respect for your body clock, health or well being as a human being. Circadian rhythm disruptions are the norm for junior line holders. Thats right , they wont even keep you on the same body clock. Don't call in fatigued though, or you either wont get paid or will have to fight for it. JetBlue will age you fast as a junior lineholding captain working in a non CBA environment,.....enjoy!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •