Vote will be counted right now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At any rate:

that industry leading 8 n 6 schedule :laugh: will get a hole lot better now. Company will now have no requirement to get you home on your last day. Explain that to your Family. :laugh:

Squawk,
Shouldn't you be gone by now? Collect your spoils and get out of this industry. You won't have the same success elsewhere.

Right where you are?

you mean calling your family on the last work day and telling them you will not be making it home?

So I wonder if union leadership will be axed immediately, picked off one by one or offered one of Kenn's signature VSP'S?

The only solace is knowing 318 people will sooner or later be getting everything they deserve.

unfortunately the union leadership was not strong enough to unify the pilot group (the merge of Flex/Options also made this much harder)

Onesky....you will have no respect in the industry. I hope the ones that can, get out before word gets out that y’all are the first to decert a Union in aviation

My sincerest condolences to all those who voted to keep the union.

I don't see anything terribly immediate on the horizon for a lot of pilots over your way simply because reducing the compensation package at a time when finding qualified pilots is tough wouldn't be a brilliant move. However, I don't think it'll be too terribly long before KR starts making things worse for everyone.

It'll be slowly. Maybe a change in schedule which adds a few workdays here and there over the year for no extra pay. More out of seniority upgrades. Various firings which will "coincidentally" be the strongest union supporters (or union leadership). Lots of little stuff that will add up to a much worse working environment. On the flip side, some of the biggest FOK's will be rewarded.

Worst part is, WHEN a lot more people realize oops, we do need a union! there isn't a union out there who will ever touch you again. Ever. Congrats to Ricci. You are now forever and permanently a non-union shop. Sorry, but unless you increase your seniority list to somewhere north of 1500 pilots, you won't have enough for an in-house union unless everyone wants to pay a very large sum of their paychecks as dues.

Good luck over there! The consequences of this are going to be worse than anticipated. As the first unionized pilot group to decert, EVER, the industry won't be kind to you, even if at least 220 of you don't deserve it. There's already talk of at least one major airline blackballing anyone from Flex/FLOPS from being hired there. I don't know if it's true, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. The example needs to be set that decertifying is not something the industry pilots want to take hold.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm only relaying the background chatter. But yes, I do think the yes voters just took a big shotgun to your own feet. Again, good luck.

My sincerest condolences to all those who voted to keep the union.

I don't see anything terribly immediate on the horizon for a lot of pilots over your way simply because reducing the compensation package at a time when finding qualified pilots is tough wouldn't be a brilliant move. However, I don't think it'll be too terribly long before KR starts making things worse for everyone.

It'll be slowly. Maybe a change in schedule which adds a few workdays here and there over the year for no extra pay. More out of seniority upgrades. Various firings which will "coincidentally" be the strongest union supporters (or union leadership). Lots of little stuff that will add up to a much worse working environment. On the flip side, some of the biggest FOK's will be rewarded.

Worst part is, WHEN a lot more people realize oops, we do need a union! there isn't a union out there who will ever touch you again. Ever. Congrats to Ricci. You are now forever and permanently a non-union shop. Sorry, but unless you increase your seniority list to somewhere north of 1500 pilots, you won't have enough for an in-house union unless everyone wants to pay a very large sum of their paychecks as dues.

Good luck over there! The consequences of this are going to be worse than anticipated. As the first unionized pilot group to decert, EVER, the industry won't be kind to you, even if at least 220 of you don't deserve it. There's already talk of at least one major airline blackballing anyone from Flex/FLOPS from being hired there. I don't know if it's true, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. The example needs to be set that decertifying is not something the industry pilots want to take hold.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm only relaying the background chatter. But yes, I do think the yes voters just took a big shotgun to your own feet. Again, good luck.

I was looking for an eye rolling emoji but we don’t have one.
First, HR departments hire pilots and nobody is going to be black balled. “There’s already talk” is the first line of any fake news propaganda.
Second, you are probably correct that work rules will be super efficient for the company. Plan on being rested and working hard, but also plan on excellent compensation. One offset will be fewer bogus fatigue calls that have already caused hardships on those who come to work to work.
Third, you underestimate KRs desire to dominate this industry so we can toss out your status quo premise. He will most likely control NJ someday in the future. It may explain why NJPA is so darn interested in our private matter.

Latest resources

Back