Everyone Needs Pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lumpsum

This is part of a message that came today. Tear it up all you want but it makes a Hell of a lotta sense!

"I have personally spoken to representatives of Southwest, American and Envoy in the last week and they all want you to know that they love Flexjet pilots and in no way would they tolerate a black-list. Consider this: last week the union had to do some major back peddling with the “rally” debacle. Three apology letters went to **** *********** at Southwest. I can tell you through my correspondence with that company that they are very upset with the teamsters. So, what about the blacklist rumor? I have two things to say to that. First, ***** wanted me to tell you that Southwest loves hiring Flexjet pilots. **** and **** are Flexjet alumni when Flexjet was non-union. Second, Southwest is extremely upset with the teamsters. I don’t think they care much on holding up a Flexjet pilot’s career for a teamster’s ideology.
That goes for American Airlines too.
***** is alumni from Flexjet management and told me not to worry about any sort of blacklisting of Flex pilots at American.
Besides, it is a very competitive market out there and no company can afford such nonsense."

Everyone needs pilots!

Last edited:
Sorry there Lumpy, but you are not the only one with friends in high places at SW and I just spoke to a couple of them last night and nothing could be further from the truth with regard to Southwest being upset with the Teamsters.
I will tell you what there Lumpy why don’t you check out the little get together at the Ranch on the 9th and let us all know who was actually there.

Hopefully in June Southwest and American will each fill a class of 50 with Flexjet pilots, that would ground 25 more aircraft for a total of over 40 uncrewed aircraft.
I am sure the Flexjet customers will love flying on charter aircraft for months to come.

What is this l hear that last week you had 2 more walk off the job and a new hire class had to be canceled due to nobody showing up.

Last edited:
Oh, I'll definitely be there. I want to hear both sides of an issue, no matter how far out they might be, before I cast my vote. That's not that far for me at all.

Lumpsum in all seriousness let's just step back a minute and look at the utter, sheer ridiculousness of RH doubling down on his similar letter from earlier and sending this out today.

Company management, no less the VP of Red Label, is sending out a clear message that says 2 things:

1.) Flexjet is not a career job. The mere fact he has to take any time out of his day to address where any pilot at Flexjet would go other than into new metal is a ridiculous and scary thing for management to do.

2.) He has confirmed the facts many many of pilots are looking and leaving.

Honestly, can you think of a dumber message to be sending out to pilots right now? Why isn't he focusing on what the company is doing to improve careers and conditions? Why should he be concerned, at all, with where a pilots next step might be? Shouldn't he be focusing on retention?

I just don't get how anyone could throw their chips in with a management team that is so ridiculously out of touch with what they need to be focusing on.

I won't even bother with why his assertions are simply just not true. I don't have to. The fact RH even sent this out is a win for the Union's arguments.

I just don't get why you would repost this here either. Did you really think it's a good thing? I'm so puzzled. I really am just flabbergasted with how out of touch you decert guys are. It's seriously troubling.

This is part of a message that came today. Tear it up all you want but it makes a Hell of a lotta sense!

"I have personally spoken to representatives of Southwest, American and Envoy in the last week and they all want you to know that they love Flexjet pilots and in no way would they tolerate a black-list. Consider this: last week the union had to do some major back peddling with the “rally” debacle. Three apology letters went to **** *********** at Southwest. I can tell you through my correspondence with that company that they are very upset with the teamsters. So, what about the blacklist rumor? I have two things to say to that. First, ***** wanted me to tell you that Southwest loves hiring Flexjet pilots. **** and **** are Flexjet alumni when Flexjet was non-union. Second, Southwest is extremely upset with the teamsters. I don’t think they care much on holding up a Flexjet pilot’s career for a teamster’s ideology.
That goes for American Airlines too.
***** is alumni from Flexjet management and told me not to worry about any sort of blacklisting of Flex pilots at American.
Besides, it is a very competitive market out there and no company can afford such nonsense."

Everyone needs pilots!

One of the original POC members got in hot water for supposedly posting company sensitive material to this site. Maybe they'll use their cyber know how and find out who you are and target you as well. Or perhaps not since you're toting the company banner on here.

One of the original POC members got in hot water for supposedly posting company sensitive material to this site. Maybe they'll use their cyber know how and find out who you are and target you as well. Or perhaps not since you're toting the company banner on here.

It's sad when you have to go through elaborate ruses and filters just to be able to post anything pro union on a non-company site without the promise of CGF1 in your future.

But these guys never have to worry do they? Precious. It takes a lot of stones to fight for what's right but it takes almost none to carry the water for the man. You'd think there'd be 100 sycophants waiting in line to post here or on the oscrew. But interestingly it's just a small handful willing to tote the company line.

Hmmmmmm...

I talked to him a few days ago. He hasn't flown since early January. They can't crew airplanes, the rest of us are flying our a**es off, but they have him at home doing nothing? It's beyond stupid. And yes, Handschuch is admitting this place is not a career. Not even stepping stone. #facepalm

I spoke with an ex Flexer at SWA today. It seems the entire letter (not just the excerpt Lumpsum posted) has been shared with several pilots at SWA not to mention Eric Brandstetter himself.

The message coming back to pilots: he is pissed and it's not at the union. He does not appreciate being used as a pawn in another company's labor issues especially when it's putting a divide between him and his pilot group.

From what I'm hearing it is going beyond just the 2 Erics. Management at these organizations are not happy about being brought into the argument by our illustratious fearless leader. It's one thing for unions to support unions, solidarity etc but now they are being put, by name, into a fractious debate with their rank and file.

Did RH in his blustery, pompous, stupid way just seal the fate of our name at these airlines? Time will tell.

Yes Lumpsum left out parts of the poorly constructed letter which could give some pilots at other airlines the false impression their management teams condone the videotaping and recording or their own pilots for the purposes of helping out their "buddy" RH.

Knowing RH I expect another ill-advised explanation and verification of their support. The man simply does not know when he is lying anymore.

Maybe his job is literally on the line? I really can't think of another explanation for throwing his "friend" under the bus like this.

Latest resources

Back