• Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty easy to figure out that the 2015 deal would only make pilots more angry about the work conditions. There was no doubt about it. Now another IBB (but only negotiating a few things). Hopefully the voters are paying attention to what's really going on this time.

Working a job is not just all about the pay.

This crap is too easy to predict (even for dummies like me) :laugh:

Pretty easy to figure out that the 2015 deal would only make pilots more angry about the work conditions. There was no doubt about it. Now another IBB (but only negotiating a few things). Hopefully the voters are paying attention to what's really going on this time.

Working a job is not just all about the pay.

This crap is too easy to predict (even for dummies like me) :laugh:

And the worst part is, WE KNOW IT'S COMING AND CAN'T STOP THE TRAIN!

We KNOW it will include an extension in the term.

We KNOW it will do little or nothing to improve QOL on the road.

We KNOW the leadership and their browbeating surrogates will sell the crap out of it (they have already started).

And we KNOW it will include just enough crumbs to get more than half to sell out and vote yes.

BOHICA

Why are you guys angry? Your Union is working on deal to get you better NOW - years early and if you don't like what they come up with you can vote no.

Flex Options is kind of dealing with the opposite issue. Even the perfect MCBA will be a **** sandwich but it's a stepping stone to what will be incredibly long and vicious section 6 bargaining for better.

Your Union is attempting to avoid all that. Perhaps in part by understanding the **** storm that is coming to section 6 negotiations in the fractional world with more and more ricci influence. You should be thanking your Union for paying attention to more than just your little NJA world.

I'd kill to have your problems.

Why are you guys angry? Your Union is working on deal to get you better NOW - years early and if you don't like what they come up with you can vote no.

Flex Options is kind of dealing with the opposite issue. Even the perfect MCBA will be a **** sandwich but it's a stepping stone to what will be incredibly long and vicious section 6 bargaining for better.

Your Union is attempting to avoid all that. Perhaps in part by understanding the **** storm that is coming to section 6 negotiations in the fractional world with more and more ricci influence. You should be thanking your Union for paying attention to more than just your little NJA world.

I'd kill to have your problems.

its not about money and bennies

this is about the daily work schedule and general work conditions which are deteriorating quickly . We have enough pilots who will vote yes for a small amount of money and they keep throwing the quality of life issues down the drain

this actually all started with the 91k rest rules and their interpretations/perspective rest issues. We knew back then the daily QOL would fall apart. Again a pilot issue because no one wants the 3am wake up phone call. So now you will be on duty at least 12 hours each day and u will still get the early show anyway. (But hey at least you know you are getting up at 3 and working 12 or 13 hours after this wake up). And the pilots just love it.

- - - Updated - - -

And the worst part is, WE KNOW IT'S COMING AND CAN'T STOP THE TRAIN!

We KNOW it will include an extension in the term.

We KNOW it will do little or nothing to improve QOL on the road.

We KNOW the leadership and their browbeating surrogates will sell the crap out of it (they have already started).

And we KNOW it will include just enough crumbs to get more than half to sell out and vote yes.

BOHICA

This :D

Your contract protects you from fatigue and blind obedience. Remember that.

I wish I had half the protections you have. My last rotation consisted of 5 out of 6 13+ with some reduced rest thrown in for good measure. My only salvation was our rule to get relief after 3 days but then it just starts the churn over again.

This is how the biggest influencer in our industry now does business. It will trickle down. He is a failed pilot with enough other skills and money to salve his ego with the abuse he inflicts. Your Union is smart to address this before the trickle hits.

NJA has no idea of how lucky you have it. Like I said I'd love your problems. They come with solutions.

Not familiar with your situation. I can't speak to that but our deal can be better from a QOL perspective. This could be a damn good job with some tweaks to the work rules and maybe more friendly attitudes from those who went to a college that begins with the word "THE'

Your contract protects you from fatigue and blind obedience. Remember that.

I wish I had half the protections you have. My last rotation consisted of 5 out of 6 13+ with some reduced rest thrown in for good measure. My only salvation was our rule to get relief after 3 days but then it just starts the churn over again.

This is how the biggest influencer in our industry now does business. It will trickle down. He is a failed pilot with enough other skills and money to salve his ego with the abuse he inflicts. Your Union is smart to address this before the trickle hits.

NJA has no idea of how lucky you have it. Like I said I'd love your problems. They come with solutions.

13+? for 5/6? You are headed for disaster There are pilots that are using a three day average of 12+ for a fatigue call. Norm is not happy.

Norm is not happy??? Norm should be first one going to jail when something happens here. He's been allowing this crap for years!!!

All you peeps...

how do do you do show times? Do you always have a hard show time or time duty starts? Or something else? Curious as to how the other company's are doing this now a days ?

Latest resources

Back