Citation Latitude

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skier17

Our owner is looking at buying a Latitude sometime in the near future. Anybody currently flying the Latitude care to share your opinion, good, bad, or otherwise?

Opinion from the back

I have been in the back of a NJA Latitude. Very nice - we have been in a number of the Citation a/c with NJA -- Excel, Encore, Sovereign and X. The dropped floor and the extra width go a long way to making it much more comfortable and roomy in the back. Things are also thought out very well (not sure if this is all models or just the NJA interior). I know y9u were interested in the front of the jet -- not the back. My wife and kids asked if we can get the Latitude more often.

I have been in the back of a NJA Latitude. Very nice - we have been in a number of the Citation a/c with NJA -- Excel, Encore, Sovereign and X. The dropped floor and the extra width go a long way to making it much more comfortable and roomy in the back. Things are also thought out very well (not sure if this is all models or just the NJA interior). I know y9u were interested in the front of the jet -- not the back. My wife and kids asked if we can get the Latitude more often.

Citation took the bosses on a demo flight recently and they absolutely loved it.
They are also looking at the Legacy 450, but I think are pretty much sold on the Latitude.
Thanks for the response.

Heard nothing but good things from the crews that are on them that I talk to on the road. I'll try and get something more specific for you in the near future.

Our owner is looking at buying a Latitude sometime in the near future. Anybody currently flying the Latitude care to share your opinion, good, bad, or otherwise?

It's a very comfortable, capable plane that's an amazing value for the ~$16MM price. I think it's going to be extremely popular.

It handles shorter runways with ease. It'll safely take off from Aspen and make a single-engine climb at MGTOW at up to 30C. Range is better than 2000 miles if it's not fully loaded with people. I just ran BOS-SEA with a 40-knot average headwind, and it'll do it in 6+06 at FL430 carrying 800 pounds of payload. A slightly shorter route, like MDW-SFO, will let you fill every seat.

The Garmin-powered cockpit is really nice. There's a ridiculous amount of information at your fingertips, including XM weather overlays, datalink weather, ACARS, and more. The autopilot is much smoother than the Honeywell one I've flown previously, and having autothrottles is a real treat, especially on a complex arrival. The electric-lifting door is really nice.

Things are also thought out very well (not sure if this is all models or just the NJA interior).

The NJA interior is very much a custom one, and involved input from share owners and pilots to try and make the make it as usable and functional as possible. The galley layout with its chilled catering shelves, the different pax* seats, the electric window shades, and more, were all done specifically for us. I'm really impressed with it, and glad you are as well.

* apparently the word that "pax" is short for is banned on this web site. Bizarre.

It's a very comfortable, capable plane that's an amazing value for the ~$16MM price. I think it's going to be extremely popular.

It handles shorter runways with ease. It'll safely take off from Aspen and make a single-engine climb at MGTOW at up to 30C. Range is better than 2000 miles if it's not fully loaded with people. I just ran BOS-SEA with a 40-knot average headwind, and it'll do it in 6+06 at FL430 carrying 800 pounds of payload. A slightly shorter route, like MDW-SFO, will let you fill every seat.

The Garmin-powered cockpit is really nice. There's a ridiculous amount of information at your fingertips, including XM weather overlays, datalink weather, ACARS, and more. The autopilot is much smoother than the Honeywell one I've flown previously, and having autothrottles is a real treat, especially on a complex arrival. The electric-lifting door is really nice.

The NJA interior is very much a custom one, and involved input from share owners and pilots to try and make the make it as usable and functional as possible. The galley layout with its chilled catering shelves, the different pax* seats, the electric window shades, and more, were all done specifically for us. I'm really impressed with it, and glad you are as well.

* apparently the word that "pax" is short for is banned on this web site. Bizarre.

Thanks for all of the info. Sounds like if it's going to happen it will either be this or the Legacy 450. So we will see what happens.

Any idea if the Latitude can make Hawaii with a dry footprint?? Also, do you deal with the lines from the lav freezing up on longer flights? We have to wait for our XLS to thaw out to service the lav after anything more than like a 2.5 hour flight. Kinda annoying, especially when trying to quick turn.

Any idea if the Latitude can make Hawaii with a dry footprint??

I've never done Hawaii, but I'm almost positive it can't. (I ran KOAK-PHNL, and at FL430, and starting with full tanks, you can only carry a couple of people, and you're landing with under 1700 pounds. I'm fairly sure a depressurization is going to mean you're going swimming.) Even going at FL380 at long-range cruise, it won't land with IFR reserves.

I know we definitely won't be taking Latitudes to Hawaii.

Also, do you deal with the lines from the lav freezing up on longer flights? We have to wait for our XLS to thaw out to service the lav after anything more than like a 2.5 hour flight. Kinda annoying, especially when trying to quick turn.

Haven't had any freezing issues yet, but it's a very similar lav system as the XLS. So not sure yet if it'll be an issue. (That said, I've been flying the XL and XLS for ten years, and only had freezing issues a handful of times on long legs. Per a Cessna tech, if it won't take fluid, it's usually some... "matter" ... covering the optical overfill sensor.)

Last edited:
If I remember correct, it was 17 days of training with a couple days off mixed in there. We went through TRU for our type and would HIGHLY recommend them.

Latest resources

Back