• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Netjets VSP?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe their just clearing out the old farts that should have left long ago. Plenty of those at Flexoptions

Many of those greedy, selfish dying dinosaurs are not going anywhere.

1-If you're a G-V, Global and/or Challenger captain, you could make $220K without even working overtime

2- who are they going to tell their effing stories about flying the T-38s back in the 70s? Their wivea? Their wives don't wanna hear that s**t. So they come to work

3- aviation is their identity. You take this away from them, and they crumble

Just talked to a guy, he's 69 years old. He's gonna "wait for the Global 7000, get on line 76, work lots of overtime, and shoot for $300K his last years with the company"

I know of a late 70's pilot with nothing to do but this job, sad really.

Each situation is different, throw in multiple devorces, a furlough or two, and money is tight.

Tell your buddy that the Global 7000 is never comming here.

I'm going to make a hundred copies of that VSP email package and hand it out to any old looking Captains I encounter in crewlounges around the country. We need a ground game! Lets call this Nexit!

For 85 - 90% of these guys, retirement comes when they can no longer pass checkrides

One guy failed a check ride twice, then passed. Then had lots of problems in IOE. It wasn't until his 4 rotation doing IOE that he finalized accepted the fact that it was time. He is 72

My buddy did his last week of IOE

1-If you're a G-V, Global and/or Challenger captain, you could make $220K without even working overtime

On what schedule? Slave ship 76? Indentured servant 72? Certainly not even close on the 7-7 unless you live in after-midnight central. Tall tales of massive hourly overtime only apply to the handful in the Bubba Club.

Meanwhile, back at the retirement ranch, the majority of those who take the out will be smart, still-capable people who realize this job isn't the be-all, end-all of their existence and either retire gracefully or use the money to soften the financial impact of a lateral move. The pilots who MOST need to take the offer and finally get OUT of the cockpit will be the least likely to take it.

It happened with the flight attendants and it will happen again with the pilots.

Never too old

Many of those greedy, selfish dying dinosaurs are not going anywhere.

2- who are they going to tell their effing stories about flying the T-38s back in the 70s? Their wives Their wives don't wanna hear that s**t. So they come to work

3- aviation is their identity. You take this away from them, and they crumble

Just talked to a guy, he's 69 years old. He's gonna "wait for the Global 7000, get on line 76, work lots of overtime, and shoot for $300K his last years with the company"
right they should shoot everyone over 65, save tons in SSN payments, they could fly with me and get tales of flying the T-34B and the T-28 in the 60's

How many SIC's take deal?

There actually a number of FO's with military and or Airline pensions who may leave. Imagine if the final tally is a majority FO's with 9-11yrs seniority? Not the big cost savings they were hoping for.

Those who worried about a possible downgrade in three years will still be on the fence.

We shall see....

Latest resources

Back