• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The next vote, December 20th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously Waco? Maybe you'd better think one more time about that statement. Let me help you.

First of all, the PIC's won't have done anything to the SIC's. Maybe you need to be reminded that it was the NC (some of whom are FO's) who negotiated this deal. Oh, and maybe you've already forgotten that our union president, you know, the leader of the union and who has wholeheartedly endorsed this deal, is also an FO.

Second, there are plenty of FO's who are voting in favor of this TA. Plenty. Try reading our own boards once in a while. It's readily apparent. My last company recurrent I was paired with a very senior FO whom I like a great deal and who informed me he would vote yes because he believed it really was the best we could do.

Finally, I'm a very senior captain and I voted no. I also know of several more captains, more senior than me, that have also voted no.

We'll know very shortly whether this passes or not. I think it will. And while technically speaking it will require a majority of PIC's to vote yes to get it to pass, so if it passes you could say PIC's played a large role in it, that doesn't mean we're all responsible or that all SIC's voted against it.

And actually, if the vote is close, maybe within 6-7%, you could actually blame the FO's since there are a surprising number who are voting yes.

So quit bellyaching about it! If it passes and you're going to be a miserable sod to fly with after that, do us all a favor and just quit.

If I'm ever paired with you I'lll look right as much as I darn well please. If you want to sit there and stew for the next 5-10 years be my guest. You won't bring me down. If we get a decent overnight feel free to slam-click and leave this "fat, dumb and happy" PIC alone.

We're a union. While I voted no I also understand that sometimes the majority, which I may not be a part of, will override my wishes. Life goes on.

The only thing is, if I fly with enough FO's who want to be miserable at work and act like the PIC's are the enemy (I don;t plan on advertising how I voted to everyone I fly with so we'll see how this goes), maybe next vote I'll just go with my most selfish instincts and the heck with anyone else.

My situation, my vote, and my attitude almost word for word.

Well said Realityman.

It really does need reworked, there is some crazy sht in this CSTA, if the prez would have been a senior FO there wouldn't be people like me or even more senior to me that have to wait several months after hitting their anniversary date to to get the raise to that year pay. They looked at the presidents seniority and went from there, not thinking about the FOs senior to him. About 100 FOs will hit their 12, 13, and 14 year anniversary but won't get that years pay under the CSTA until December 21st that year, the gray area FOs they are forever known as.

Last edited:
Maybe this thing will get shot down today and they will fix the areas that are FUBAR not counting on it though.. so how about

Some Irish Humor
As the plane approached the Dublin air field, the tower heard:

PILOT- Bejeesus will ya look how fookin shart dat runway is?

CO-PILOT- Yer nat fookin kiddin, Paddy

PILOT- Dis is ganna be one a de trickiest landings I ever did, Shamus

CO-PILOT- Yer nat fookin kiddin, Paddy

PILOT- Royt, Shamus, when I say 'go' put de engines in reverse !!

CO-PILOT- Royt, I'll do dat!!

PILOT- An den ya put de flaps down full!!

CO-PILOT- Royt, I'll do dat too, Paddy!!

PILOT- An den stomp an der brakes as hard as ye can an pray ta de Holy Mudder a Gad!!

CO-PILOT- I'm prayin' already, Paddy, but I'll hit de brakes as hard as I can!!

So, as the wheels touched the ground, Shamus put the engines in reverse, put the flaps down, stomped on the brakes and continued to pray to the Holy Mother with all of his soul.

The brakes screeched, the tires squealed, and there was smoke everywhere. But, to the relief of all passengers, as they untangled themselves from the overhead baggage and not least of all, Paddy and Shamus, the aircraft came to a stop just a few meters from the end of the runway!!

As Paddy and Shamus sat in the cockpit regaining some composure, Paddy looked out of the window and said to Shamus, "Dat has gat ta be de shartist fookin runway in de world!"

Shamus replied, "Yes, Paddy, but da ya see how fookin wide it is?"

Just remember that YOU, the NetJets PIC's, are the ones that decided to do this to your FO's. Sit down, and don't look to the right. It would be too uncomfortable.

Not a very fair assessment. Yes the SICs could have gotten better (especially the 11 year SICs who are still pay frozen to one raise per year instead of two like everyone else), but so could have the PICs. A number of these PICs paid for SICs to make it to pickets. Whatever anyone voted or feels, don't blame a particular group. I invite any and all PICs I fly with to look right as long as they can stand the look of my mug.

Someone sent me a bunch of pilot jokes the other day -- this one was funny - no offense intended to the FOs who fly me safely - but it could go here

What is the difference between a jet engine and an FO? The engines stop whining when you shut down the plane and leave the airport.

Sorry guys.

Latest resources

Back