Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA T.A. pay numbers... Embrace the suck.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, I appreciate your recent support with our potential scope issue. But really, the only dudes that frequent Lubbock, Midland, and Amarillo are the sh!tkickers from Houston and Dallas, and they love that sh!t. They wear cowboy boots, for Christ's sake. The rest of us, not so much. (Dusty TX towns or boots). Again, thanks for encouraging the fight against GK. That f?️C?er has ruined this airline.

I hear you, and I hope you guys turn down that TA and don't allow the scope giveaway. Hopefully DL, FDX, and SWA will all get better TAs the second time around. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Scope is crap section..... SWA will be the operators in the U.S. For foreign carriers. Had 15% override when they did not want red eyes..... Now when they are going to implement them the override goes to three percent. Bonus does not go toward earnings for the year for 401k measly match from the company. They have not even taken into consideration all of the training evolutions they will incur when they segment the pilot group into classic, NG, MAX, international divisions...... What happens if I get displaced to another base and my seniority holds a different category...... How many training events in a year could you potentially have? Too bad they can't figure out how to properly train. RJ operators have been operating international for decades and SWA can't figure it out. Hell, they had an FAA approved program when the bought AirTran and they threw it away and wasted years reinventing the wheel. Wasted millions on ETOPS. Class II navigation dumped after spending millions. What you really are seeing is the level of incompetence from management because they have developed an airline that plans in a vacuum. Crappy TA and SWAPA is delinquent in their duties in presenting to the pilots for a vote.

Last edited:
That 3% for red eyes is on top of all rigs. The 15% isn't so ADG ends up being more. FWIW

I wrote 3 pairings in about 15 minutes to see what the change would do, based on trips I've flown this month with a red-eye built in somewhere (there's no language to prevent flipping your circadian rhythm during a pairing by the way).

In two of them (legal pairings per the proposed CBA and FAR 117), the old way paid more, one by a little over 1 TFP the second by almost 2 TFP (that adds up when they're running a dozen red-eyes every day for two crews).

The reason they pay more in those cases is because the 15% override on a long red-eye leg in the CURRENT CBA was calculated on a DAILY basis, then ADDED to the total trip credits from the other days.

They took that out (credit added on a daily basis, the highest of the daily computations then compared to the rest of the rigs) in 4.I.6.

So the 3% override in the new T.A. in 4.FF.1 is applied on a leg credit, but if it's the only leg in a duty period (or your tail-end deadhead doesn't crest the min day rigs), and the other days in your pairing are below min days, the trip rigs override the calculation since the days aren't cumulative anymore and you get a min trip rig for the entire trip.

A couple guys are putting a web page together that has all this info and more (not me, busy with BoD stuff now). When it's ready to be released to the public I'll post the link up.

A couple guys are putting a web page together that has all this info and more (not me, busy with BoD stuff now). When it's ready to be released to the public I'll post the link up.

BOD stuff?

Awesome!

I'm popping some popcorn. Can't wait to see you stir up the Klub 19ers!

They went absolutely crazy over the section 1 analysis, so you know it was on target. Good work!!

Yup....

Amazing how some of the major kool aid stirrers came out of the woodwork to sell the TA in the last few days.

When was the last time Carl K. (the author of the "Executive Summary" fairy tale and main TA salesman last time around) was even on the forum? He had not posted since May, and all of a sudden, since 9/19, he has a 100 posts or so defending the TA.

Things that make you go Hmmmmm.

It was pretty telling seeing the smartest man in the room have no initial retort to the excellent analysis on Sect. 1 that Lear put out. Would love to be a fly on the wall at the next BoD meeting when the W/M team out of LAS and the rest of the BoD "no" majority confront the few coolies and PJ. My only concern is the length of time this whole process is taking. I felt we were a solid 4 or 5 - 1 in the first few days after the TA details came out but I already sense alot of the soft "no's" wavering with the coolies chipping away and creating more doubt and sapping resolve. A percent of attrition per day over the next 40 days and this thing barely fails (bad) or passes (worse). The Chiefs hitting the lounges this weekend should show everyone how much the company seems desperate for this deal to pass. Along with the previous JB tix announcement and the details in Sect. 1 does anyone not think that we are buying JB? As someone posted wrt to bag tags on the Prune, lets "flush this windsor down the jackson."

BOD stuff?

Awesome!

I'm popping some popcorn. Can't wait to see you stir up the Klub 19ers!

I am Thinking Lear should drink for free with you guys . He is doing all the heavy lifting for the rank and file at SWA.

Better yet SWAPA/SWA should just pay him to keep out of it:).

In a lounge today with an assistant chief hob nobbing. No sales job. He stood no chance against the unanimous no's in the room, some were very po'd. He mostly just listened. Tried to interject a few times but almost shouted down. Refreshing.

Latest resources

Back