Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA T.A. pay numbers... Embrace the suck.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even if you didn't care about the scope, how the hell could anyone put up with a 10% 401k match at a major airline? Does no one on the NC or BOD have any self respect?

I'll admit, the vengeful side of me was planning to vote "Yes" to a crappy contract due to the way the whole integration went down. BUT...this TA is so bad I cannot do it. I am a definite NO.

The company gave very little in up front money (bonus), measly raises and 401K match but gets Scope blown wide open. I'd need CA pay for new hires before voting YES on that kind of Scope.

Phred

Even if you didn't care about the scope, how the hell could anyone put up with a 10% 401k match at a major airline? Does no one on the NC or BOD have any self respect?
I have it from good sources that there was also a minimum 6% "floor" on the profit sharing so that, in no case, would retirement ever be below 16%, even though we are the only ones required to input 10% of our own money to it at this level of the industry to get it.

That, however, was lost at the very end along with the additional scope grab for Far International in the last week of meetings.

I am really quite frustrated. I have officially requested, per the RLA and in conjunction with the Association's Duty of Fair Representation for them to buy out and allow two "No" representatives to accompany every road show and be given equal time to present what is considered the negatives and pitfalls of the Agreement and the loopholes in the language.

It shouldn't be just a "sales job". It should be a fair and balanced representation of what the deal is and isn't. If enough of us want to accept these kind of concessions, that's the way it is, but it shouldn't be "sold", and that's what EVERY Neg Comm does at the road shows, even if they THINK they're being fair and balanced - it's pride of ownership, can't get past it.

Cowards did not even send out blast email notifying their constituents they are passing this POS TA on for a vote. Had to find out from an email from the Kompany spokesman. "Super moderator" on the forum is focused on Q&A sections the sell the TA and don't answer the tough questions.

I have officially requested, per the RLA and in conjunction with the Association's Duty of Fair Representation for them to buy out and allow two "No" representatives to accompany every road show and be given equal time to present what is considered the negatives and pitfalls of the Agreement and the loopholes in the language.

Eh, just so you know, they have no requirement under the RLA or DFR doctrine to allow that. I'd be shocked if they agree.

I had low expectations since the snake Randy Babbit got in our hen house. Then the rumors started leaking and I lowered my expectations again. But this, WOW! I didn't imagine it would be this pathectic. I seriously think they think we are idiots. I don't need the Union to spend a bunch of my dues. Its a NO!
Also if there is a recall of PJ and TW I will sign that ASAP.

Latest resources

Back