• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Would You Do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you currently had a secure civil service government position that you could retire from with a full pension in (6) six calender years would you give that up for a flight crewmember position with Pinnacle Airlines, or for any airline for that matter at this point in time?

If I stay with the civil service position I will be 49 years old at retirement. At that age what does anyone think my chances of being hired by an air carrier would be then?

Any feed back from people in the industry would be appreciated.

Even the large major airlines have rid themselves of pilot retirements and you want to give yours up??? What are you smoking?? All to fly a shiny RJ for no money and be constantly abused by high school drop out schedulers that delight in making your life miserable????

Get your pension first, you'll need it to live on while enjoying your hobby of flying RJ's.

RF

If you currently had a secure civil service government position that you could retire from with a full pension in (6) six calender years would you give that up for a flight crewmember position with Pinnacle Airlines, or for any airline for that matter at this point in time?

If I stay with the civil service position I will be 49 years old at retirement..

Wowzers.....

excellent, the world growing pilot shortage will allow anyone with a license toget a job.

posted March 2007

If I stay with the civil service position I will be 49 years old at retirement. At that age what does anyone think my chances of being hired by an air carrier would be then?

Any feed back from people in the industry would be appreciated.

So what did you do 8 years ago?

Latest resources

Back