Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

just flew a 3-day with "special radio voice guy"...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've noticed the Brits can really 'turn it up' when they need to also.

You mean they're a crown prince on the radio but a chimney sweep off the air?:D

Normally he sounds like a basic midwestern American upper middle class college-educated white-guy D-bag...

but, when he keys the mic his voice suddenly goes all gravel and east Texas twang. Sometimes it's gravel + nasal at the same time (didn't think that was even possible). Sometimes it's just the east Texas twang but it comes out sounding like he's got a face full of Novocain.

On FI he uses the name Redflyer

Nah that was the chick who people think is British because she uses a made-up British accent, but she does wear cowboy boots and a thong, usually a different color daily, even one that matches her snakeskin boots (a real turn-on in the room on layovers)

As my Dad got progressively more wasted last night and started speaking in a dialect unnatural to his native tongue, I told a story about a Captain I had to fly with (10+ years ago) who ordinarily sounded like a typical California bro', bro', but when talking on the radio he got all Smokey and the Bandit. With egos so fragile, it is difficult to mention the discrepancy. But ugh, yeah, soooooo annerrying.

Latest resources

Back