• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue 5 year...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't fall into the Southwest trap......this looks like another SWA "show you my W2" opportunity.:beer:

No, that would be on the Southwest "5 year..." thread started by the same guy--a guy trying to get info to make a career decision. What do you have against people answering direct questions posed by others on this board?-- or do you ever read the titles and first posts of a thread, before you start in on Southwest bashing? :beer:

Bubba

Bubba....do tell what you made last year.

Tempt is the devil:D

Yet another thread on FI turning into a SW thread. Let it go on this thread guys. Go argue elsewhere. The guy is wondering what he can honestly expect to make depending on who calls him. Why not give him the $$$ facts, nothing but the $$$ facts and let him decide. I also have nothing to hide or prove so I will gladly give this guy this info and hope it helps him in some way, shape, or form. Yes we can all see pay rates online, but that doesn't mean squat as it can't account for work rules, actual hours worke and days off, etc etc.

Last edited:
Yet another thread on FI turning into a SW thread. Let it go on this thread guys. Go argue elsewhere. The guy is wondering what he can honestly expect to make depending on who calls him. Why not give him the $$$ facts, nothing but the $$$ facts and let him decide. I also have nothing to hide or prove so I will gladly give this guy this info and hope it helps him in some way, shape, or form. Yes we can all see pay rates online, but that doesn't mean squat as it can't account for work rules, actual hours worke and days off, etc etc.

Agreed. Not sure why Bill decided to interject himself into a JB thread and throw some poo against the wall vs. SW. Crazy.

Let the JB guys answer. I don't have that info, but they do.

Thanks for the year 5 info. Really helps.

Can anyone shed any light on competitive mins right now?

Total time, turbine PIC, 121 vs 91k/135, 4 year, etc...

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

crjdude

Only thing I can tell you was my sim partner was a 10 year Xjet captain. His buddy in class with him was an Xjet FO with no PIC.

Seems like they are coming from all kinds of experience levels.

In the last 6 months I have had 2 friends interview and get hired. 1 had a lot of RJ FO time and about 200 hours of Q-400 PIC time. Another friend had just over 1000 hours PIC time in a 50 seat RJ. We hire with every sort of time and education. Military, charter, regional, cargo, etc. The only kicker seems to be currency. If you are current you could get hired with anything from 402 PIC time up to 20,000 hours of 747 time, 400 ocean crossings, and F-16 guard time on the side. If you are not current it seems you have no chance. Good luck man

Latest resources

Back