• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NetJets Fires Vice President - Tip of the Iceberg

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The union will run out of money before anyone is held accountable though. This is about as far as it will go. We are not a national union and it seems that nobody else from "Clue" really has a clue!!

The union will run out of money before anyone is held accountable though. This is about as far as it will go. We are not a national union and it seems that nobody else from "Clue" really has a clue!!

Am I hearing some regret for dumping the teamsters?

Am I hearing some regret for dumping the teamsters?

Not from me.

We'll FIND enough money to see this one through to the end. Even if it takes a special assessment.

The discovery phase alone will be EPIC.

Not from me.

We'll FIND enough money to see this one through to the end. Even if it takes a special assessment.

No we won't.

They're lining up more hostages now and we'll blow our load on trying to get them back and then we'll settle on a new contract and be made to drop all legal action as a condition. We're blowing through a bunch of dough as it is though.

The ******************** house lawyers should be writing best sellers with their fantastic stories. To the ones that gave your passwords. You're idiots!

Last edited:
Not from me.

Fantasy land. You've obviously never heard of Lois Lerner, Hillary Clinton or half of the people on Walk Street that are still employed after bilking millions.

I was not one of the ones clamoring to dump the IBT back in '06. While the in-house union has been quite popular with the membership and we haven't had to send any money to the IBT, we are now part of "dis-organized labor". The in-house union seems to be the rage in our industry today, but we have damaged the cohesion of organized labor.

The chickens may come home to roost if we actually end up striking. We're going to be all by ourselves and all those "low down" teamsters will be delivering truck loads of stuff to NetJets without a worry about our picket lines.

Yes, the IBT may have been an "unnecessary expense" for all those years, but it would be comforting to have the IBT and its financial clout on our side should we strike.

Mooney, did you not see the fruits of the Herculean efforts by our union in OMA yesterday? Over 400 employees from all four labor groups, some retired guys, and even an elderly guy with a walker put in many miles. In 15 years I have never seen such a well organized event, not to mention the unity displayed by hundreds of our colleagues, many who traveled half way across the country with kids in tow.

PS: IBT did not even have a clue we secured an ammended CBA in '07, and they never even dropped a dime to help us through the '05 battle.

Last edited:
Mooney, did you not see the fruits of the Herculean efforts by our union in OMA yesterday? Over 400 employees from all four labor groups, some retired guys, and even an elderly guy with a walker put in many miles. In 15 years I have never seen such a well organized event, not to mention the unity displayed by hundreds of our colleagues, many who traveled half way across the country with kids in tow.

PS: IBT did not even have a clue we secured an ammended CBA in '07, and they never even dropped a dime to help us through the '05 battle.

Actually I did see the picketing up close and personal. I am in no way disparaging the efforts of the in-house union. I am merely stating the obvious: we are not allied with any national labor organization. We are "going it alone". Certainly this is cheaper in the short run, but without a national organization behind us, we will be very vulnerable if/when the strike/lockout comes.

Omaha would have happened just as it did whether we were allied, or not. Neither IBT (nor ALPA, were we allied with it) would have lifted a finger to interfere, help, direct or run the picketing. That is not the function of a national organization.

As long as there is no strike/lock-out, the in-house union will be just fine, but should the big war come, we will not have anyone but ourselves in our corner.

I understand your point and agree to a certain extent. However, if we do strike, based upon the recent 98% vote of no confidence, very few will scab, and there is not enough lift in the charter world to make a dent in our operations. Travel Management is no longer their savior, and our owners will file tons of lawsuits should we strand them more than we do now. It's not like another carrier will cover like the majors do. We have far more leverage than you think.

I'm still 100% in favor of our decision to leave the Teamsters, and not just because it's "cheaper." For our specific group, I also believe it to be more effective in the long run for us to be in complete control of our union. Yes, we had a hiccup, and we worked through it to become stronger than before.

I'm totally confident we'll get a contract worthy of our experience and skill, and that we'll be here long after Hansell and his team have been shown the door.

Latest resources

Back