Delta cutting International flights 3%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More Airlines to follow ....United , American LH AF KLM BA
The cancer from Middle East is here and we need to stop it or we are going to be screwed

While I don't disagree, in this case you need to read more.

Most of the cuts are seasonal, with the strong dollar being one of the culprits. Also, some of the cuts may just be with aircraft substitutions, from a 767-400 or A330 to a 767-300. That would be a cut in seats.

Btw, did you see the profit sharing amount for employees? $136 million for the quarter. (I believe that was double the amount last year Q1). And, the refinery made an $86 million profit for the quarter. Not bad.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I've yet to find one report that calls the refinery purchase anything but a mediocre purchase at best and a colossal failure at worst. Between the collapse of bakken oil, deltas contracts for it, the rail debacle, and having to buy your own tanker to ship it around from the gulf coast, the whole project is eating itself alive. There is a reason no other airline has tried this idea, and it's not for a lack of opportunity. Good out of the box thinking, but it's a failure. They can't flick the booger either because of pollution around the area.

Last edited:
Actually they are cutting int'l capacity because the dollar has been getting stronger, thus if you are in a foreign land trying to buy a ticket on Delta, it takes more of your own currency to purchase that ticket. Thus demand will go down.

Nice try, not that SWA has to worry about such things (or would understand).

Nice try leather jacketed poser.

What makes you think this clown is a SWA guy?

BTW, the first NON-necro post I've seen from Bunkle, and it's to lob a stupidity grenade into the crowd. Hmmm...

Bubba

There's nothing really that surprising about this announcement.

1.) The 747 fleet is being sold to Reynold's Corp.
2.) Domestic fleet is strapped for airframes and pilots. DAL had apparently asked Boeing to speed up 737 delivery (which I'm sure they're not really eager to do after DAL gave their widebody order to Airbus). I heard a rumor that RA had asked about the feasibility of pulling L-1011's out of the desert, which is laughable for many many reasons (I picture plugging one into a GPU and it immediately burning to the ground) - but was perhaps a joke meaning that "we want more domestic capacity, and we can't find it."
3.) Strong dollar is softening demand from foreign passengers.
4.) All of the 767-300's are getting long in the tooth, it would make sense to save some hours on them until more replacements arrive.

I hope Uncle Bunkle not from SWA. If so I'm working with this guy. Delta is kicking ass and it only helps us all. If SWA only gets a 3% pay increase then Uncle, if he actually is SWA, will need to look in the mirror and laugh at himself. The better one airline does the better for us all, and let's face it, DAL, SWA, ALK, AA, B6 are all doing well and this only helps all of us during negotiations. If I left your fav airline out don't be offended, just got bored. Rock on All

Educated guess, everything on this board is DAL vs SWA.

Well, he could be, I suppose (unfortunately), but his "quote" from me is nothing but flame bait. I don't know him, and I never told anybody that we're "hiring more next month."

Bubba

Latest resources

Back