• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I haven't experienced any of these things. The FAs' sick calls don't affect safety, just convenience. NEF due dates don't affect safety either. We are NOT required to call in before submitting an AOG, except to facilitate arrangements to fix the problem and to make sure we are squawking the item correctly, which can be an issue. This doesn't affect safety either. If you are genuinely fatigued, who cares if an ACP "tries to shame you" to continue flying? They never tried to shame me. Man up and do the right thing, guys. Pulling and resetting breakers? Really? If you are on the ground, and the procedure is needed to interrupt power to the system, there is NOTHING wrong with that, and I speak as a long time A and P mechanic. By the way, review boards for people who have numerous sick calls is only common sense. What the HECK is wrong with that? If one has "meticulous documentation" then what's the problem? Go attend the review board and show them your problems are legit! Respectfully submitted by Yours Truly.

So because it doesn't happen to you it isn't happening? Is that the argument your making?

I sincerely appreciate the offer because I know you truly believe in what you are doing, but you don't want me there either. If NJA doesn't offer me enough, I will leave. No fight needed.

How do you think NJA is just going to offer you money? What do you think will get that pay raise? You're going to have to fight for it.

Right now you want someone else to do the fighting for you. You want someone else to walk the line in Omaha so you don't have to choose a side. Then you can say NJA didn't give me enough so I'm leaving.

But what did YOU do to get enough? I doubt you'll ever leave. You've got a good little thing going on. You can still say the union is screwing you.

You won't acknowledge things are happening to other pilots because they aren't happening to you.

Let me explain this to you. The gulfstream fleet is very very different than all the other fleets.

As we've seen though with your SCAB posts you won't lift a finger to help out. We all know you'll never leave. Yet you'll actively work AGAINST your fellow pilots to ensure that YOU are taken care of.

1800 resumes on file, people on the outside don't think it is that bad compared to flying aged out junk in the 135 on-demand buisienss for $35K/yr

Maybe $35K illegal alien flying right seat in an Lr35 air ambulance but my company flies nice Hawkers and F/O start is $46K. Capt pay is averaging $95: ($125K with per diem and OT).

Dude, really?

Pencil whipping write-ups?

Requiring you to call in before you write up an AOG item so they can try and talk you out of it?

NEF's with due dates BEYOND 2030?

Asking you to pull and reset breakers when it ISN'T an approved procedure?

Pencil whipping? That's a pretty serious accusation. if you really think this is this case (which it isn't at NJ) then you need to be making formal complaints / inquiry requests.

What department is trying to talk you out of AOG items? It isn't MCC. The guys get reported every time a pilot's feelings get hurt, which lately seems often. Sir, write it up send it in.

The NEF list are approved by numerous entities, are reviewed by the FAA, and the items on those lists don't affect airworthiness. Many still get fixed. Many have to wait until refurb. Scratched countertop due in 2030...so what?

The guys used to ask about pulling circuit breakers because it helps with troubleshooting. This isn't an issue with other operators unless they are intent on slowing progress or hurting the company. Going black and restarting the aircraft solves many problems as you know, but we're not allowed to ask you to do that anymore. Write it up and refuse assisting us, and then when we get there 6 hours later there will be no problem...hence a possible reason you're accusing the company of pencil whipping. Not an approved procedure...how sad, but that's what we deal with.

A pilot reports cabin temp inop in auto, we ask if it works in manual and many times the answer will be "I didn't try". We had one yahoo say "I'm not a test pilot". Really? How are we to narrow things down when the system operates fine on the ground? Thanks buddy.

Go ahead and flame away. You guys tie our hands, then bitch when things don't get fixed right away. I guess it's all part of your game.

Thanks buddy.

GS

All that said, not all of our pilots are children with temper tantrums, just some of them.

SG

Last edited:
Maybe $35K illegal alien flying right seat in an Lr35 air ambulance but my company flies nice Hawkers and F/O start is $46K. Capt pay is averaging $95: ($125K with per diem and OT).
No US citizens, college grads, even some ERAU grads, flying BE-99, BE-1900, Shorts 360's, mostly single pilots, building time paying dues. I get resumes from them all the time. NJ would be a big move up for these guys.

1800 resumes on file, people on the outside don't think it is that bad compared to flying aged out junk in the 135 on-demand buisienss for $35K/yr

About two hundred met our mins, and two left either during or soon after training. Only a fraction of the intended class even bothered to show up. We are also seeing a significant uptick in attrition, most going to the legacy carriers. We are hurting for crews and it will only get worse. It would appear we no longer suck the least.

Two fourteen year Netjet Captains asking for letters of rec and help getting a job. All I can say is wholly sh$t. Things must really suck at Netjets...

FOURTEEN YEAR CAPTAINS LEAVING!!!

Two fourteen year Netjet Captains asking for letters of rec and help getting a job. All I can say is wholly sh$t. Things must really suck at Netjets...

FOURTEEN YEAR CAPTAINS LEAVING!!!

Latest resources

Back