• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Strike Vote Called For at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1800 resumes on file, people on the outside don't think it is that bad compared to flying aged out junk in the 135 on-demand buisienss for $35K/yr

So basically you're saying that drinking a bottle of pee is better than eating a bowl of poop and that makes the pee good? And compare that 1800 resumes to the +/- 10,000 at the major airlines. Also just because someone has applied at NJA doesn't mean they're supporting the management. Many could be applying with the hope they get an even better contract than they have now. Maybe some will turn down the job if there is still the potential for a strike or other fallout. It only helps the industry if NJA gets the contract they deserve and it's sad so many people keep putting them down for trying to better their position.

So basically you're saying that drinking a bottle of pee is better than eating a bowl of poop and that makes the pee good? And compare that 1800 resumes to the +/- 10,000 at the major airlines. Also just because someone has applied at NJA doesn't mean they're supporting the management. Many could be applying with the hope they get an even better contract than they have now. Maybe some will turn down the job if there is still the potential for a strike or other fallout. It only helps the industry if NJA gets the contract they deserve and it's sad so many people keep putting them down for trying to better their position.
Yes how silly of me, yes pilot at NJ should apply by the 1,000's for those 135 on-demand jobs flying aged out junk into dark Mexican airports where they sit waiting for hours to clear customs. Yes the NJ pilots can regain their self respect by going to the bowl of poop to get away from that nasty pee.

Didn't say there weren't some well-qualified resumes in the stack. Haven't seen yours so I can't say for sure.

But at the pace the airlines are now hiring and Jordan Hansell is destroying our company, it won't take long before all that's left that WANT a job at Netjets will be the thrice-divorced, fossilized retired airline dude and the double DUI flight instructor.

I agree. However, addressing your earlier post, in what way is NJA degrading the safety culture?

I agree. However, addressing your earlier post, in what way is NJA degrading the safety culture?

Hey you're back!!!! Welcome!!!

Omaha is getting closer. Still have those tickets for you and your wife.

Degrading the safety culture. The question is what safety culture.

Dude, really?

Pencil whipping write-ups?

Requiring you to call in before you write up an AOG item so they can try and talk you out of it?

NEF's with due dates BEYOND 2030?

Asking you to pull and reset breakers when it ISN'T an approved procedure?

Forcing you to call an ACP to fatigue so they can try and shame you into flying when you're tired?

Bringing pilots (and FA's) in for review boards for "excessive" sick calls even when they have meticulous documentation of their doctor and hospital visits?

I could go on and on.

Hansell and his bean counters have destroyed whatever semblance of proactive safety we enjoyed here. Heaven forbid there is an accident that hurts one of our clients. The lawsuit will be a DOOZY.

Wake up and smell the coffee amigo.

Dude, really?

Pencil whipping write-ups?

Requiring you to call in before you write up an AOG item so they can try and talk you out of it?

NEF's with due dates BEYOND 2030?

Asking you to pull and reset breakers when it ISN'T an approved procedure?

Forcing you to call an ACP to fatigue so they can try and shame you into flying when you're tired?

Bringing pilots (and FA's) in for review boards for "excessive" sick calls even when they have meticulous documentation of their doctor and hospital visits?

I could go on and on.

Hansell and his bean counters have destroyed whatever semblance of proactive safety we enjoyed here. Heaven forbid there is an accident that hurts one of our clients. The lawsuit will be a DOOZY.

Wake up and smell the coffee amigo.

I haven't experienced any of these things. The FAs' sick calls don't affect safety, just convenience. NEF due dates don't affect safety either. We are NOT required to call in before submitting an AOG, except to facilitate arrangements to fix the problem and to make sure we are squawking the item correctly, which can be an issue. This doesn't affect safety either. If you are genuinely fatigued, who cares if an ACP "tries to shame you" to continue flying? They never tried to shame me. Man up and do the right thing, guys. Pulling and resetting breakers? Really? If you are on the ground, and the procedure is needed to interrupt power to the system, there is NOTHING wrong with that, and I speak as a long time A and P mechanic. By the way, review boards for people who have numerous sick calls is only common sense. What the HECK is wrong with that? If one has "meticulous documentation" then what's the problem? Go attend the review board and show them your problems are legit! Respectfully submitted by Yours Truly.

Hey you're back!!!! Welcome!!!

Omaha is getting closer. Still have those tickets for you and your wife.

Degrading the safety culture. The question is what safety culture.

Trust me, you definitely do NOT want my wife in Omaha, or anywhere near there. :)

Trust me, you definitely do NOT want my wife in Omaha, or anywhere near there. :)

Why not having family there supporting you and seeing what you're doing will be helpful to understanding the process.

If she is unwilling to go I'm more than willing to sponsor you to attend to help fight for a better job.

I'll even throw in per diem.

Why not having family there supporting you and seeing what you're doing will be helpful to understanding the process.

If she is unwilling to go I'm more than willing to sponsor you to attend to help fight for a better job.

I'll even throw in per diem.

I sincerely appreciate the offer because I know you truly believe in what you are doing, but you don't want me there either. If NJA doesn't offer me enough, I will leave. No fight needed.

Latest resources

Back