Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Delta to add service from Seattle to Boise, Denver, Ketchikan, Sitka, and boost more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta is so super awesome....there isn't anything that can ever go wrong there. They are super lucky to have such knowledgeable people Like Genny Lee.....we should all be so envious. Double breasted suit envy...NOT

Delta is so super awesome....there isn't anything that can ever go wrong there. They are super lucky to have such knowledgeable people Like Genny Lee.....we should all be so envious. Double breasted suit envy...NOT

Yep, you do sound incredibly jealous. Hey look, here's another announcement of more SEA flights this upcoming Summer. Can you believe up to 6 daily mainline flights between SEA and ANC round trip? When was the last time anyone put that much of a challenge to Alaska Air on their signature route?

Update at 0720GMT 28NOV14

DELTA in Summer 2015 season is introducing additional daily service on a number of markets from Seattle, which includes the following.
Seattle - Anchorage eff 04JUN15 Increase from 4 to 5 daily (6 daily from 29JUN15)
Seattle - Atlanta eff 01MAY15 Increase from 6 to 7 daily
Seattle - Calgary eff 07APR15 Increase from 2 to 3 daily
Seattle - Los Angeles eff 04JUN15 Increase from 7 to 8 daily
Seattle - San Francisco eff 04JUN15 Increase from 7 to 8 daily

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL

Would you be happy to see DAL put Alaska out of business?

No, I have friends there. But, I have a couple specific issues with DL/AK. First, I'd rather have DL mainline doing West Coast flying, especially feeding the SEA hub. For years after the DL BK, Alaska Air did the North/South West Coast flying for DL under a codeshare agreement. That wasn't good for DL mainline pilots. Next, AK's waffling with DL on "exclusivity." When AK did become DL's "friend", and then started "courting" other carriers like Emirates and AA, all the while still doing almost all of the DL West Coast flying, that ticked off a lot of people. It was a bit "arrogant", and the recent build up of DL in SEA has put a smile on my face.

So no, I don't personally want AK out of business, and I have no problem with their pilot group. But, they need to understand what type of position their management put them in, and realize they are in an uphill battle. Not all of it is personal, DL is just in the process of moving the Narita hub to SEA, and AK was fairly full and couldn't offer the seats DL wanted to feed the INTL connections. That turned out well for the DL mainline pilots. But they shouldn't expect DL to just offer limited connections, plans are for 200 plus flights a day. If DL is going to invest in that, it will be huge, and billions per year in profits will fund it.

JMO btw.... ;)

Bye Bye---General Lee

Oh Jenny.... It's all delta's flying isn't it?? Who is arrogant?? Please, the delta pilot group has ALWAYS thought their poop didn't stink! That's why they suck! I've been with Alaska for 25 plus years and I've seen this competition come and go.... Guess what? Alaska is still here. So let's let the market decide... Good luck and fly safe.

Oh Jenny.... It's all delta's flying isn't it?? Who is arrogant?? Please, the delta pilot group has ALWAYS thought their poop didn't stink! That's why they suck! I've been with Alaska for 25 plus years and I've seen this competition come and go.... Guess what? Alaska is still here. So let's let the market decide... Good luck and fly safe.

Amen, I've seen SWA, UAL, AMR, Reno and others try to run Alaska out of SEA. We just continue to do our thing. Oh and make money while doing it. We're SEA's boutique airline and Seattleites like it that way. And yes the market will dictate.

The market will decide, and one of the sides will make $6 billion in profit next year if oil stays low. That's important, primarily because that will fund even more expansion.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back