• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor to lose 38 CRJ-200s to Air Wisconsin and SKW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company and union have both already said why the money is coming as a bonus and not a wage increase. "Business decisions relating to other DCI airlines" I.e. we can't show any contractual improvements until we use your contract to squeeze SkyWest and ExpressJet.

Alright, keep eatin' that sandwich.

You've been at XJ/9E since at least 2005 if you flew the Avro and worked under MAIR Holdings, you just downgraded, and you still take these folks at their word? How many broken promises over the years? 9E CRJs coming in '05, ASA 900s coming in '08, more jobs and better pay in '10, SSP - then ETD. I empathize with your plight, but I wouldn't trust those folks with my Tupperware.

I'm sure they have offered that explanation - but putting the squeeze on SKW and XJT is not mutually exclusive of winding down 9E operations.

I'd imagine SKW and XJT are probably soon to be the largest CRJ200 operators in the DAL system, if they aren't already. Why would DAL then transfer 9E 200s to ARW, an operator with higher costs?

Exactly. It makes no sense to send them to a more expensive Air Wisconsin. IMO it shows that Endeavor is headed down the Comair path when they start making moves like these. If they really wanted to make Endeavor an attractive place, even without future fleet growth, all they had to do was offer the equivalent of an EtD for current 9E pilots. Current pilots with a guaranteed flow into Delta. That would have been a zero-cost/neutral item and that would have instantly turned 9E around as it created a guaranteed no strings attached movement to Delta. But that's not happening either. Without raising payrates back to the JCBA and shuffling planes to more expensive airlines like Air Wis and SkyWest, Delta is not doing things that make 9E more attractive to work. Add in a payment that is the same regardless of seat or longevity, and it has all the looks of a stop-loss payment as a fleet is metered down.

Alright, keep eatin' that sandwich.

You've been at XJ/9E since at least 2005 if you flew the Avro and worked under MAIR Holdings, you just downgraded, and you still take these folks at their word? How many broken promises over the years? 9E CRJs coming in '05, ASA 900s coming in '08, more jobs and better pay in '10, SSP - then ETD. I empathize with your plight, but I wouldn't trust those folks with my Tupperware.

I'm sure they have offered that explanation - but putting the squeeze on SKW and XJT is not mutually exclusive of winding down 9E operations.

I'd imagine SKW and XJT are probably soon to be the largest CRJ200 operators in the DAL system, if they aren't already. Why would DAL then transfer 9E 200s to ARW, an operator with higher costs?

Jeez, where to start??? First there are 2007 hires captains on the 900. Mesaba did get 15 9e 200's. And Mesaba was never promised any ASA birds. They were however promised 15 Freedom 900's and then Delta reneged and ended up giving 10 to ASA.

Jeez, where to start??? First there are 2007 hires captains on the 900. Mesaba did get 15 9e 200's. And Mesaba was never promised any ASA birds. They were however promised 15 Freedom 900's and then Delta reneged and ended up giving 10 to ASA.

I stand corrected on the ASA 900s, nonetheless - I thought there were more than 15 of those 200s slated for XJ back in '05. In any case, the track record for expectations had not been rosy.

I stand corrected on the ASA 900s, nonetheless - I thought there were more than 15 of those 200s slated for XJ back in '05. In any case, the track record for expectations had not been rosy.

You're right about it not being rosy. In fact it's been down right $hitty. To further clarify, Mesaba was awarded 15 brand new 200's in 2005 with options for either 15 or 30 more, I can't remember. Anyway, soon after they got the 2nd one the filed for bankruptcy and the deliverys stopped. Of the two that were received, one was used to keep the Mesaba jet certificate alive after the Avros were parked, and the other was used to keep the Independence Air jet certificate alive which Northwest purchased for Compass. Coincidence?, I think not. A couple years later Mesaba was given 15 200's from 9e.

We were supposed to get 20 200's in 05 with first rights to the next 15 in the NWA Airlink system as well. That actually turned out to be just 2 (601XJ and 602XJ) One of which was sent to "NewCo" to eventually be Compass. It did come back along with 17 of Pinnacle's eventually. And yes the 15 900s were originally Freedom's and were passed around like Tila Tequilla.

Read on APC this afternoon that the Air Wisky deal to fly for Delta is off. Wonder who they'll get now besides Skywest to cover the 200 flying that 9e can't.

Nobody else currently operating the CRJ-200 is able to staff them, so... nobody will be flying them. Delta is getting exactly what they are paying... Nothing. :beer:

I think ASA can currently staff those aircraft. Our 200 ops for united in Dulles stops soon, so we should have pilots.
Not many coming through the hiring pipeline however.

Latest resources

Back