• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest call for interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably would be a captain by now if he took the job, huh?

Seems a bit long from when you put your app in (with type). I'm getting my type on the 14th and will put my app in when I get done. Do you think it will be over 2 months until I get the call or was yours so long because of 9/11 and the slowdown in hiring? I was under the impression that you normally get a call within a month if you have the type. Maybe I was misinformed.

Dude, you're leaving UsAir/American for SW?

Have you done your homework?

You're gonna regret this one Big Time!

I wonder if he ended up here? It's funny how things work out sometimes. It's like the guy who just retired here in September that was hired at American in 1978 and furloughed in 1981. He then interviews at Southwest and is recalled in the spring of 1982. In the Fall of '82 he is called for a class at Southwest. He thought about it over the weekend and decided to go to Southwest. He tenders his resignation to the DFW Cheif Pilot who tells him "this will be the worst decision of your aviation career". Those '82 new hires upgraded in '84 and enjoyed one of the best rides at Southwest. Happy retirement Captain!:beer:

I wonder if he ended up here? It's funny how things work out sometimes. It's like the guy who just retired here in September that was hired at American in 1978 and furloughed in 1981. He then interviews at Southwest and is recalled in the spring of 1982. In the Fall of '82 he is called for a class at Southwest. He thought about it over the weekend and decided to go to Southwest. He tenders his resignation to the DFW Cheif Pilot who tells him "this will be the worst decision of your aviation career". Those '82 new hires upgraded in '84 and enjoyed one of the best rides at Southwest. Happy retirement Captain!:beer:

He had a good ride. I wonder what the career progression would have been for a guy hired at AA in 1978? Probably pretty good until 2001, maybe even longer.

I know of at least two who left FDX for AA in AUG/SEP 2001. One was a 727 Capt. They chose poorly.

Regards,
Fr8doggie

He had a good ride. I wonder what the career progression would have been for a guy hired at AA in 1978?

I know a guy who was hired at SWA in 1990 who has a brother who was hired at AA in the 80's. He told me that his career earnings has far exceeded his brothers, and of course still does to this day. His brother wanted him to fly at AA but by the time they called him he was in class at SWA. He chose to stay at SWA and his brother also told him it might not be the smartest career choice.

Latest resources

Back