Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bake

I LIKE THE GEEZER METER!!
It has been 14 years since I have applied anywhere. Just curious if you could from SWA Capt to Delta FO and have a good career. I have 20 years left.

It has been 14 years since I have applied anywhere. Just curious if you could from SWA Capt to Delta FO and have a good career. I have 20 years left.

I would say YES. With future retirements and huge profits due to lower oil, I'd say you'd do well. And not just at DL, but any of the big 3. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Yes, if your senior to me that would be an excellent idea. Because we all know that basing your decisions on what is happening right this second is the best way to go. Never mind the last 15 years of bad management or furloughs or across the board concessions. Lets just look at right now a company that has come out of bankruptcy shedding all its massive debt and not having to pay its creditors. Low oil prices, high baggage fees. Because this is how it will be forever and ever.:nuts:

Nooooo........you'll wake up the gimp who's on a march to 30K.

Ed: too late. I see it has already posted.

I say go for it

You will have a chance to fly with GL. You 2 can fly one of the awesome charters , flying unicorns up to the North Pole to see Santa .

I'm thinking about doing it too. I really miss commuting to ATL. Though maybe I'll get lucky and be based in JFK. I hear no one bitches about anything at delta. The union is perfect. Management is perfect and everyone there has loved every paint job the airline has used since 9/11. Quit and sell grass. You know, the green kind.

The fact that this question is being asked not by a SWA F/O, but a Captain, is what I find to be most telling. Things have changed for the worse at SWA, and I don't blame any pilot at this Airline for exploring all of their options. I've thought about leaving for at least the last 5-6 years myself. Good luck Bake with whatever decision you make. I know it's never easy.

Wow!

Hook in water and fish on!

The LUV arrogance never dissapoints.

Latest resources

Back