• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Expressjet Rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep hearing good news coming in November or December. What are you guys hearing?

Why do you think there's good news on the horizon? The one thing I remember being said a few months back from Inc. was "we're going to become smaller and focus on quality". Do you believe they were not serious?

I believe the company was talking about the legacy ExpressJet operation becoming smaller and focusing on quality. Not the entire Inc. umbrella.

I hear we are changing blue juice vendors........

Sorry couldnt help it........ no really the rumor i heard is that we are going to start putting the cover sheet on top of the TPS reports BEFORE they go out.

Seriously, the rumor i heard is that Delta asked us WAY back to pick up some more flying. CRJ200 and 900. We told them to pound sand if it was at current book. They refused to play ball. They came back and started negotiations and part of it was Brads resignation (dont know why, but i heard THAT in the spring 2 unrelated sources. One source said Richard Anderson dislikes Brad....again no idea why) the announcement will be more flying at a higher rate and the LXJT side will be shrunken and either sold off or shut down.

Thats just what i heard. Sounds like the typical white noise at this place but some of the things i heard and discounted in the spring have come true.

Its all ball bearings anyway.......

I hear we are changing blue juice vendors........

Sorry couldnt help it........ no really the rumor i heard is that we are going to start putting the cover sheet on top of the TPS reports BEFORE they go out.

Seriously, the rumor i heard is that Delta asked us WAY back to pick up some more flying. CRJ200 and 900. We told them to pound sand if it was at current book. They refused to play ball. They came back and started negotiations and part of it was Brads resignation (dont know why, but i heard THAT in the spring 2 unrelated sources. One source said Richard Anderson dislikes Brad....again no idea why) the announcement will be more flying at a higher rate and the LXJT side will be shrunken and either sold off or shut down.

Thats just what i heard. Sounds like the typical white noise at this place but some of the things i heard and discounted in the spring have come true.

Its all ball bearings anyway.......

Everyone knows that Endeavor being purchased by Delta was a ploy to put the crunch on other DLC carriers to get their rates down. Could be that time has come to start moving those airplanes out, and shut Endeavor down...As far as the UEX side is concerned, United really seems to think the ERJ-175's are the way of the future...So a bunch of old 145's paired with my guess a crappy contract don't make sense going forward. I think odds are you are on to something with this frame of mind Coop...

Everyone knows that Endeavor being purchased by Delta was a ploy to put the crunch on other DLC carriers to get their rates down. Could be that time has come to start moving those airplanes out, and shut Endeavor down...As far as the UEX side is concerned, United really seems to think the ERJ-175's are the way of the future...So a bunch of old 145's paired with my guess a crappy contract don't make sense going forward. I think odds are you are on to something with this frame of mind Coop...

So with your Einstein logic, how would that benefit Delta to get rid of that part of their whipsaw strategy? And why would they want to pay more for someone else to operate them? Shutting down Endeavor would give Skywest the leverage it needs over Delta, and I just don't see Delta being backed into a corner like that

So with your Einstein logic, how would that benefit Delta to get rid of that part of their whipsaw strategy? And why would they want to pay more for someone else to operate them? Shutting down Endeavor would give Skywest the leverage it needs over Delta, and I just don't see Delta being backed into a corner like that

Even through you are being a smartass, I will respond....

Delta is not in the game to own regionals, and the clock has been ticking since day one. Nobody outside of Endeavor is going to fly for those rates, and Delta knows that. SkyWest has a ton of leverage with Delta even if Endeavor never existed, and don't kid yourself otherwise...

Even through you are being a smartass, I will respond....

Delta is not in the game to own regionals, and the clock has been ticking since day one. Nobody outside of Endeavor is going to fly for those rates, and Delta knows that. SkyWest has a ton of leverage with Delta even if Endeavor never existed, and don't kid yourself otherwise...

Just like Comair once had leverage over Delta at one time too. I don't see Delta ever letting that happen again. That's why you see overlapping routes by several regionals since the Comair strike. And yes, I was being a bit of a smartass. Sorry

Latest resources

Back